Chapter 8- Liam- Family

Within less than an hour, all of the doctors had wheeled Harry into the elevator and taken him to floor -2 where he would be given his powers. Simon and Xavier had built up a nice team since they all had moved to New York. It consisted of old colleagues and the worlds best scientists, all with the potential to help locate the next two (now one) future superheroes. They were only people the two men could trust with their top secret information.

Liam helped Louis to the upper floor and found Eleanor working hard with the other front desk assistant, Perrie. Both of them were science majors and top in their classes. Simon and Xavier knew how well the two girls could be trusted with the superhuman project.

“Liam!” Eleanor gasped when she saw the elevator doors open. Louis' arm was slung over Liam's broad shoulders and Liam had his arm wrapped around Louis' waist. Liam helped Louis to a bench next to the wall before turning to the girls.

“Ok, ladies, what have we got?” He clapped his hands and rubbed them together in anticipation.

“His name is Harry Edward Styles,” Perrie started off.

“He lives in Holmes Chapel, England,” Eleanor continued.

“He and his mum and sister came here to New York City on vacation two weeks ago and tomorrow-” Perrie paused and looked at the clock. It was almost one in the morning. “Today,” She corrected. “Is supposed to be their last day in the city.”

“I highly doubt that they're going to leave now, since he's missing...” Liam trailed off.

Perrie nodded. “I know. That part is going to be complicated since he's going to have powers now...”

“He just said he'd do it?” Eleanor asked. “You don't think he said it just so he could avoid dying or anything. What if he's planning something?”

Just then, the elevator doors opened and out stepped Niall. He was about to walk past them and out the entrance of the facility when he saw them all staring. He stopped in mid stride with one leg sticking out and looked back at them with an eyebrow raised.

“Um... What's up?” He asked with his hands casually in his pockets. He turned to face them with a curious look.

“Where the hell do you think you're going?” Liam demanded.

“I was going to go on a walk. What are you guys doing?”

“You're going on a walk at one in the morning?” Liam ignored the blonde's question.

Niall shrugged. “Yeah, I guess. I was hungry... Thought I might find something to eat while I was out...” He shrugged again.

Liam sighed and rolled his eyes, but he still had a hint of a smile on his face for some reason. Niall's care free emotions seemed to have that effect on him. “Didn't anybody call him about this?” He asked, turning to the girls.

“Um... No. We were a bit busy,” Eleanor said.

“Call me about what?” Niall asked, stepping closer to the group. He looked at Louis. “Ah, man!” He exclaimed. “You look like hell!

Louis opened his eyes and gave his friend a weak smile. “Nice to see you, too, mate.” He mumbled.

“What happened?” Niall asked, suddenly worried.

Liam filled Niall in on everything about Harry as quickly as he could. He ended with the fact that the boy was going to join their group of superheros.

“Whoa,” Niall said when Liam was done. A smile grew on his face. “That's sick!” Then he frowned. “But isn't that weird that he would just give up everything and let his parents think he's dead?”