Chapter 25- Liam- RV-T

To call it a tank would be entirely the wrong thing. But that was the first word that popped in Liam's mind when he saw it. First of all, it was huge and had that dark camo green that most tanks had. But that was about it. There was no gun mounted on the front. There were four wheels instead of the two treads that were usually on a tank. It was longer and taller, too. But it had a strong design. Even from the distance it was at, Liam knew the vehicle was built for battle, and built to win.

“Holy shit,” He heard someone whisper behind him as the tank-type-thing approached.

It finally reached them, the engine giving off a deep purr that only something that big would make. Whoever was driving it turned it so it would face them the long way and then the engine cut out completely. Then there was the metallic wail of hydraulics as the back of the vehicle opened like a garage door and Paul stepped out, grinning at the boys. Simon turned to them, the same smile was on his face as the boys all stared at the monstrous thing with their jaws on the floor.

Simon gave a triumphant gesture towards it as Paul stood by his side, as if he were showing it off. “What do you think?” He asked, beaming.

“You got us a monster truck?” Louis said, astonished.

“That's not a monster truck!” Zayn burst in. “That's too short to be a monster truck. It's a tank, obviously.”

“It's not a tank,” Liam told the Bradford boy. He looked at Simon. “Is it?”

Simon shrugged and swayed his head as if to say yes and no at the same time. “Not quite.” He told them. He turned and started to walk closer to it and all of they boys followed him excitedly. Simon stopped just outside the vehicle, much to the boys' disappointment, and turned again to face them. There were no windows on it at all and they really wanted to see the inside.

“This came from the design of a tank.” Simon explained. “Same plating, engine, durability. It's stronger than most, though. It can survive nuclear explosions and radiation. But, a tank is much too small for everything we wanted to put into it. Sure, we could have just slapped a cannon on the front and called it good, but that's not what you boys are about.” Liam found himself shaking his head at Simon's words. It wasn't what One Direction was about. Cannons destroyed. They were created to save and protect.

“So we kind of took about the same build as an RV. It has plenty of room on the inside for you, weapons, a few survivors or prisoners and a couple other things you will see in a moment.”

“What do you call it?” Harry asked.

“Well,” Simon said, patting the side of the vehicle. “You boys can call it what you like. Down at the lab, the name RV-T stuck pretty well to it. A bit of a strange name, but someone mentioned how it's a mix of an RV and a tank and the initials stuck.”

“We could call it the One Direction-mobile,” Liam interjected. Everyone gave him a questioning look. “You know...” He said, his smile slowly slipping. “Like the Bat-mobile.”

“Oh, god, Liam.” Louis sighed, putting his face in his hands and shaking his head.

“I don't think so,” Niall wrinkled his nose and shook his head, too. Liam frowned.

“You can discuss names later,” Simon told them, still smiling. “Allow me to give you boys a tour.”

Names forgotten, the boys scrambled to be the first into the RV-T only to stop dead in their tracks once they were in.

“Whoa.”

“Holy shit!

“Oh my god...”