Chapter 33- One Direction- Six Legged Spider

It was a massive, towering... Thing. It had a round body and walked on six legs but it still gave them all an impression of a spider. It was completely colossal!

And it was heading straight towards them.

“Oh, God,” Niall squeaked, squirming anxiously in his seat. “What do we do?” He turned his head to look at Liam and the boy couldn't see his friend's expression behind the tinted mask of his helmet.

“I'm going to shoot it,” Liam said, flipping the top off of one of the buttons on his handle bars. His thumb hovered over it, waiting for it to get closer so he could shoot the missile at it.

“Wait!” Louis said. “Eleanor and Zayn and Perrie are in there!”

“Do you see this thing?” Liam demanded, swinging his head around to look at the Doncaster boy. “This will hardly even make a dent! I just need to see how well armed it is.”

Liam heard Louis swallow in his ear piece, but then he nodded.

Liam was just about to press the button when he heard: “I've parked the RV-T. I'm only a block away from where you are.”

“Ok, Harry,” Louis said. “Are you able to see what we're seeing?” Liam's thumb still hovered over the button as the six legged spider started making it's way towards them.

“Yeah. I can,” Harry's voice breathed in their ears. They could hear the rumble of his motorbike over the head set and off in the distance. “And it's bloody huge! How the hell are we gonna try and take that down?” They could just see Harry speeding towards them off to the side.

“I have no fucking clue, mate,” Niall said.

Harry pulled up just behind Liam now and he was breathing hard from the adrenalin that all of them were feeling.

Without warning, Liam pressed the button. The head light on the front of the motorbike flipped up and two small missiles launched out of it, shooting straight for the monster. They whistled through the air, leaving a trail of smoke behind them before exploding on the armored shell of the robot's body.

The effect did absolutely no good. The thing didn't even stumble back!

“Ah, hello, boys!” A voice that seemed to fill the air said. They all recognized it instantly as Mr. X. “Have you come to give yourselves up?” They knew he had to be using some kind of speaker system attached to the robot. It stopped walking as soon as Mr. X started talking, standing straight up and facing them only half a block away.

“Fat chance!” Louis shouted, although he wasn't sure if he could be heard from where he was sitting and the fact that X was in something so massive.

“Oh, well I think I have something that can change your mind, Louis,” Mr. X said.

There was a loud crack of metal on metal as the middle panels of the robot started to fold away from the center of the body. They all flipped over and over each other until they revealed a long, thick, panel of glass. Then an image was projected onto it. It was the inside of the robot. Mr. X stood there and off to the side stood Eleanor, Perrie, Zayn and a few soldiers.

“Oh, god, Zayn...” Niall murmured.

Their friend stood right behind the girls. His face was completely impassive and his eyes were focused somewhere above the camera. Perrie and Eleanor looked... Empty. When the boys had last seen them, they looked completely frightened. But now they looked as if they had just completely given up. They looked at the camera with set jaws, but blank eyes.

“I would like to remind you boys of my demands,” Mr. X said. “Give yourselves up now. Or,” Zayn took a gun from one of the soldiers and trained it one Eleanor's head. Her lip quivered and she started to shake visibly. “I will not hesitate to kill these girls.”