Chapter 23- Niall- Liar

~You can always tell when I'm suffering from writers block... :/~

Niall fell asleep late that night, completely on a high from the news that Simon had told him and the rest of the boys. They were finally going to be superheros! Niall spent most of the night staring at his ceiling in the dark and grinning like an idiot. He couldn't believe it. In a week's time, he and the other boys will finally be debuted as the worlds first superhumans. No more sneaking around. No more being careful with their powers. They could do as they pleased and it wouldn't matter because everybody was going to look up at them.

Niall idly wondered what Alli would think of him after she found out. Despite Simon's angry rampage earlier, Niall decided he would still try and ask her out. His heart fluttered in his chest when he thought of going on a date with her. What would they do? Would they go out to a movie? Dinner? Would they hold hands? Niall grinned a little when he thought of holding Alli's hand.

He rolled over in bed and nuzzled his pillow, trying to get comfortable. Niall rolled over again after a few minutes. He rubbed his face and sat up. There was no way he was going to fall asleep any time soon. He had way too much on his mind.

Niall reached over to his bedside table and flipped on the small lamp. His little room was bathed in a soft, yellowish light. Niall crawled out of bed and walked over to his desk. His sheet music was scattered all over it and his acoustic guitar was propped up against the wall near by. Niall plopped into the cushy chair and picked up his pencil. He scribbled a few lines into the song he was working on and then grabbed his guitar to play what he had written so far.

He spent most of the night like that, writing songs and playing his music, before falling back into bed just as the sun was rising and he fell into a deep, restful sleep.

* * *

Niall finished showering and wrapped the towel around his waist. He stepped out of his bathroom and searched through his closet for something to wear. Tonight he was performing at Starbucks and- maybe- he was going to ask out Alli when he was done.

Niall shook his head a little to get his wet hair out of his eyes as he searched through his closet, making a mental note to get a haircut soon. Niall idly flipped through the clothes hanging on the rack while he thought of the songs he was going to play that night. He suddenly shivered, realizing he was still mostly wet from his shower and standing in a draft. He yanked the first shirt he saw off it's hanger and grabbed a pair of jeans to wear before going back into his bathroom to change. His shirt had black sleeves that ended just past his elbows and the front of it was white.

Niall quickly towel dried his hair and sculpted it up like he usually did. He found his guitar and grabbed a bite to eat from the fridge in his kitchen.

Niall hurried into the elevator and waited as it dropped slowly to the lobby.

“Hello, Niall,” Eleanor said.

“Hey! Niall!” Louis greeted.

“Hey,” Niall said, smiling.

“You've got your Starbucks thing tonight, don't you?” Louis grinned at his friend.

“Yeah,” Niall told them, glancing up at the clock next to the front desk. He really wanted to get going. He didn't want to be late.

“Are you still gonna ask out Alli?” Eleanor asked. “Even after last night?...”

Niall gave a gesture that said he wasn't really sure. “I dunno. Maybe. But I've gotta go. Time to play some guitar,” He said in a silly voice to try and shake off the nerves he was suddenly feeling. It had been a long time since Niall had ever really performed for a crowd and it was leaving him feeling anxious.