Chapter 29- Zayn- A Piece Of The Night

~Ok so the song on the side is called Any Other Way by We The Kings. I have had this chapter and the next one stuck in my head basically since day one and when I heard this song about a month ago, I knew this song would be perfect for the both of them! Like the lyrics are PERFECT for Zayn. "Gasoline pumpin' through my veins/ dancin' on top of the flames!" And before I knew the name, I just called the song "Zayn's Anthem." Which is kinda weird but... Whatever. Anywho- Onto the story!~

Pieces of equipment exploded and Zayn had to shield his eyes from the flaming fragments that flew towards him. He turned his body and blew up one of Liam's punching bags. He grabbed one of the weights from the rack and tossed it across the room so hard, it cracked the wall. He overturned the weapons rack and kicked at Niall's staff. Then Zayn let out a scream of pure, white hot rage and fell to his knees in defeat.

Perrie was gone, Eleanor was taken with her and this... Mr. X bastard had taken them right in front of him. Right in front of the boys. Zayn would never understand why Louis wasn't down in the training room throwing a tantrum with him. He had seen the video, too. He had seen them drag Eleanor out of the frame to beat her and he heard her screams.

And did Simon want to help them? No. He was just going to sit on his ass and try and negotiate with X about returning the girls. But Zayn knew that the girls will never be seen again. Mr. X wanted the pod in return for Perrie and El. But Zayn had burned the pod three years ago and it was still being fixed. The expensive machine had parts that were hard to replace. There was no way to give it to him.

If Zayn were in charge, he and the boys would suit up and hunt down X themselves.

Zayn looked up from his lap and to their suits which had been placed back in their frames and mounted on the wall, out of reach. Zayn stood and walked below his. He stared up at it and took in the rich red and gold material.

He had to save Perrie. He was not leaving her behind for anything. She was truly his everything. She was his family and his only real friend besides the other boys. She was the only one he could talk to about anything and everything.

Zayn thought about that cold night Perrie had found him dying on the street. He had tried to kill himself because his family had died, because he was all alone. Now he was alone again... But Perrie wasn't dead. And Zayn wasn't going to let her die under the hands of a psychopath.

Zayn clenched his fists and stared up at his suit. If he were Niall, he could just fly up there and take it. He had to get it down somehow. He turned around and looked at the mess of weapons he had left on the floor. His eyes landed on Niall's staff. Zayn walked over to it and picked it up, examining the shining surface in his hands. He gripped either side of the small hairline split in the center and gave it a jerking twist. Zayn heard the sharp ring of metal on metal as the jagged blades jutted out from their hiding places on either end of the staff.

Zayn gently moved the staff hand over hand, making slow circles and he listened to the blades whistle through the air. He was just getting a feel for the weapon. He wanted to see how much strength he would need to use it.

Still twirling Niall's staff, Zayn glanced back up at his framed suit. He took a couple steps forward with a bit of a hop on the last one before launching the staff like a javelin at the shiny glass surface.

The staff sang through the air before smashing into the frame, completely shattering the glass and impaling the wooden back. He had missed the suit itself but Zayn still winced when he saw the damage it had done. He knew the suit was basically indestructible, but the thought of the sharp blades cutting through the material was frightening.

As soon as the frame was hit, though, it fell to the ground. The remaining glass shattered onto the floor and Niall's staff sliced through the padded mats and stuck straight out of the back of the fallen frame. Zayn picked his way through the jagged shards and drew the staff from the ground and the frame. He retracted it to it's smallest size before tossing it aside.