Chapter 38- One Direction- A Reason To Fight

~Please get your chapter prep items ready for this one. And enjoy the song "Superman Tonight" by Bon Jovi on the side. I think it'll be a great song for this chapter- especially this first scene. I picture it like a movie and it's playing softly in the background and before the time lapse, the final chorus just kinda bursts out as like a happily ever after sound :) if that even makes sense... Haha. And this is an extremely long chapter. So... Sorry and not sorry. :P~

The streets were littered with bystanders and police officers. Government helicopters had landed in the middle of the road, making the boys wonder where they had been the entire time. The government officials were looking at all of the technology X had used in his robot and in the androids. Louis could just barely over hear a couple of the men discussing how they should get the robot out of the streets and back to the lab for analysis.

Louis was standing next to one of the parked ambulances. He was brought all of the seriously injured civilians for him to heal. Others with more minor injuries (broken arms, legs, small gashes,) were taken to the EMT's to be taken care of there. Louis had managed to save dozens of lives already. Lives that would have been taken because of Mr. X's rampage through the city.

He had tried to save Danielle. He had tried to bring her back to life like he had with Niall. Liam had come stumbling up to him after the battle was over, the frail girl cradled in his muscular arms.

“Please,” Liam pleaded, falling to his knees before his friend. He was so distraught, he could barely walk. “Heal her,”

And Louis had tried. As soon as he touched her with his power, he could feel how cold she was. Not with his own skin, though. His healing power felt through her limp body, searching for something that could just bring life back into her. But she felt so empty and hollow, Louis had to flinch away from her.

Things had gotten bad for Liam after that. Louis and the other boys had left him to grieve in the middle of the streets. They knew he needed his space.

Louis didn't even try to heal Mr. X. That wouldn't make much sense to bring a certified psychopath back to life. X had been the first one put in a body bag once EMT's and police arrived. Half the boys had also gotten to work helping the people of the city. Liam and Harry went off to help fire fighters lift rubble off of any trapped people in buildings. Louis healed whoever was brought to him in need of urgent care. Niall and Zayn sat on the back of once of the ambulances. Niall was too weak to even walk any more and Zayn was still recuperating from his fight with Mr. X.

The fire fighters put out the fire Zayn had started in one of the buildings and the two boys looked over just as the men were walking out of the sky scraper. One of the firemen was holding Zayn's kusarigama, which had survived the fire. Zayn hopped off the back of the ambulance, leaving Niall to absentmindedly pick at the blood caked hole on the stomach of his super suit.

“This yours?” The fireman asked speculatively, holding up Zayn's weapon. He eyed Zayn's gold and red suit up and down, not knowing what to think of the costume.

“Yeah,” Zayn said. The fireman placed it in Zayn's hands. Zayn turned his kusarigama over in his hand, examining it. Not a single scratch flawed the shining surface. The same couldn't be said about One Direction. All of them had their own wounds to nurse once Dr. Tomlinson was done doing his thing.

Before Zayn could turn away, the fireman spoke up. “When we were looking through the rubble, we found this,” He held up something that caught the light perfectly and blinded Zayn for a moment when it glinted in his eyes. “Is this important to you, or do you think it was something someone had in the offices up there? The other guys weren't sure, so I just wanted to ask.” It was Mr. X's mask, flawless as ever. The fire hadn't burned the silvery surface at all. The eyeless face stared at Zayn with remorseless features.