Chapter 20- Liam

Liam was shadow boxing when he heard the elevator ding behind him. Liam continued throwing punches at his reflection as he saw Paul approach him in the mirror.

“Hullo, Paul,” Liam panted, turning around to face the man. Liam wiped the sweat from his eyes and grinned. “Fancy a bit of boxing?” Liam asked, holding out a pair of gloves between them.

Paul shook his head. “I just came to let you know that Zayn was hurt.” The Irish man said.

Liam's face dropped. “What?” He said flatly.

“He's alright, Louis took care of him, but we Simon and I are just letting the others know. Niall brought him in.”

“What happened?” Liam demanded.

Paul shrugged. “I didn't get much information,” He told the boy. “He's ok now. But Simon and I just wanted to let you know-”

“Where?” Liam brushed past the man with determination.

“He's in the hospital, but he might be asleep.” Liam didn't care. He stepped into the elevator alone and pressed the button for the hospital.

He hurried into Zayn's rooms when the doors opened on the floor and he saw Zayn already trying to sit up. “Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Liam exclaimed rushing over to Zayn and trying to sit him back down. “Calm down. You just woke up.”

Zayn chuckled and gave Liam a lazy smile. “I'm alright, mate,” The Bradford boy told him. “Louis stitched me up. Good as new!”

“He did a really good job,” Perrie told him. “He said Zayn had a concussion and he was bleeding a lot, too.”

Zayn reached back and touched the back of his head. “See?” Zayn grinned at Liam, showing him his bloodless palm. “All better!” Zayn rubbed the back of his head. “Gonna need to wash my hair though.” He muttered. “It's all stiff with blood.” He moved his hand away and looked at it. Liam could see flakes of dry blood come off his fingers.

“Who did this to you?” Liam said, stunned.

Zayn shrugged his shoulders. “Hell if I know. Some punks thought they could break into a car in broad daylight, so I showed 'em a thing or two.” He grinned wickedly at Liam and punched the palm of his hand.

“Yeah, and they showed you the sharp end of a knife,” Perrie said dryly.

Zayn nodded appreciatively. “And the broad side of a crowbar.” He added, touching the back of his head again.

“Only two?” Liam asked. The couple could see the stress leaving Liam's shoulders. Zayn nodded. “And they managed to beat the shit out of you? What happened to that Bradford Bad Boy thing?” Liam teased, rolling his shoulders and swaggering around the room as he did a poor impersonation of Zayn.

Perrie laughed out loud and covered her mouth. Her shoulders shook as she tried to pull herself together. Zayn sighed and glared at Liam, but his mouth was pulled up in a smile.

“You'd better shut up, mate,” Zayn threatened, still smiling. “Or I'll show you a thing or two!”

“Oh, I doubt you could,” Liam chuckled. “You couldn't even take two thugs down. Now you think you can take on a member of One Direction?”

“Hell yeah, I can!” Zayn said, jumping out of bed. “Especially since it's you!

“Oh, snap!” Perrie said, putting her hand over her mouth in surprise. “I think he just called you out, Liam!”

“Is that a challenge?” Liam snarled, grinning viciously at Zayn. Liam crouched down into his boxing stance.

“You know it is,” Zayn said, mirroring Liam.

“Whoa! What the hell is going on here?” Louis' voice pulled both boys away from their little showdown.

Liam laughed and stood straight again, clapping Zayn on the shoulder. “I was just about to put Zayn here in his place.”

“I doubt it,” Zayn rolled his eyes and brushed Liam's hand off him as if it were poisonous. “I was just about to show you what happens when you get too cocky.”

“Really?” Louis said jutting out his lip and nodding. “My money woulda been on Liam.”

Liam gave Zayn a smug smile and Zayn made an astonished noise and held out his arms like “What the hell?!” in Louis' direction.

Louis stepped farther into the room and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. “Well?” He shrugged. “If Niall was there to tag team I'm sure you could take him.” Louis grinned at Zayn.

Zayn shrugged back. “Yeah. If Niall wasn't there today, I probably would have been done for.”

“Why, what'd he do?” Liam asked.

Zayn chuckled. “Body slammed one of them into a car.”

“You're kidding!” Liam exclaimed, eyes growing wide.

“Yeah,” Zayn laughed. “Set off the car alarms and everything! He was angry as hell, too! I've never seen a person get that mad. I was almost scared shitless, myself!”

“Niall,” Liam said in disbelief. “Our Niall?”

“Yeah!” Zayn grinned and nodded. Louis and Perrie started to giggle.

“Like, the Niall that lives with us?”

Yes!” Zayn laughed.

He body slammed a man into a car and scared you?

“Oh, by the way,” Louis piped up before Zayn could say anything more. “Alli was just about to ask him out, but he had to go save your ass and ran out on her.”

Perrie gasped and covered her mouth while Zayn and Liam's jaws dropped.

“You're kidding.” This time, it was Zayn's turn to look completely astonished.

Louis nodded. “Yeah. I guess it was pretty close, too.”

Liam felt sorry for Niall. He had been starry eyed for the barista for almost three years now!

Zayn ran his hands through his hair. “Damn,” He hissed through his teeth.

~Ok, so I'm having some writer's block. There are really big stuff I have planned, but I don't want this story to go too fast. Sorry :/

Don't forget to comment, vote, share, follow, throw a party... Ya know. The usual stuff I ask for ;) But feed back is always awesome! I'd love to have more comments other than just "update please!" I love that you guys love the book, but I know there's stuff to improve on! Thank you guys so much for your support on this. It really truly means a lot that you guys seem to like it as much as I like writing it!~