Chapter 28- Louis- All I Have

~So... This is a little bit darker than the previous chapters...~

Louis bit his lip hard as he gathered a few things from his room. He was trying to prolong his time there. He knew it was a horrible thing to hope for but... He hoped Mr. X would come bursting through one of the windows with his stun grenades and magnetic ring traps and capture him. At least he'd be with Eleanor then.

Louis looked over at her side of the bed and quickly looked away. He slammed his stuff on the floor and sat down at the corner of the bed, burying his face in his hands. A small sob escaped his lips and he hated himself for it. “I'm sorry, Eleanor,” He whispered to the empty room. Louis pulled his hands away from his face and examined his arms, his bottom lip trembled and tears blurred his vision. He was looking for something beyond his tattoos and past his skin. He hoped that he could find something that would show him he was still a hero, but he couldn't see anything.

Even his super suit was gone.

Paul had been going to every floor to take them back, telling the boys that they wouldn't be needing them for a while since X was after them. They were going to be confined to the safety of the negative floors until things were sorted out. The suits were going to be framed and placed back on the walls of the training room.

Good. Louis didn't want it any more.

He was no superhero.

He couldn't even save his own girlfriend for shit's sake!! He couldn't stop a few fucking grenades from exploding. He couldn't save a room full of people from a prick in a mask and a hand full of armed men. How the hell did he plan on saving the world?!

Louis groaned and ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at it until it hurt. He was on the verge of having a panic attack when, suddenly, his open laptop on his desk started making a few weird noises. Louis looked up and eyed it suspiciously.

The screen flickered a couple times before going completely black. Louis scrunched his eyebrows together, thinking it was shorting out or something. Then, the word “Loading” appeared in the center of the dark screen and a small bar appeared behind it. Black and blue stripes filtered through the bar, slowly filling it up. Louis stood and carefully approached his computer.

When the bar was done filling, the screen flickered a few more times. Louis leaned in close to get a better look at it and the speakers let out a sharp hissing sound that made him jump back a dozen feet. At the same time it hissed, the screen filled with that grainy, pixilated thing that only appeared when a TV didn't get the right signal.

It remained like that for a second before switching to a video of... A man's chin. And a bit of his neck.

“What the...?” Louis said under his breath as he walked closer. Who ever was in front of the camera was obviously trying to set it up. Or hack the signal into Louis' laptop.

Louis' phone buzzed numerous times in his pocket and he looked at it to see what was going on.

Liam: Anyone else getting that freaky video coming in??

The rest of the texts were basically the same thing from the rest of the boys. Apparently, Louis was not the only one being hacked.

He pulled up a chair and carefully watched the video. The man kept moving around, but Louis was only catching glimpses of his face and neck. He never got a good look above the bottom of the nose, but when the man stretched up on his toes to check the wiring of the camera, Louis saw the very familiar blue of the uniforms the soldiers were wearing earlier.

His fists clenched and his blood boiled when he realized this was a message coming in from Mr. X and his band of thugs.

“Is it ready?” A dull voice asked off to the side of the camera.