Chapter 15- Zayn

~So I'm not really sure how to make a good "party scene" for Zayn, so I made it really vague. Maybe one day I'll be able to make something better, but for now you just have to put up with it ;)~

         Zayn growled and crumpled up his paper before tossing it in the trash. There was already a huge pile building up. All of them had the same drawings: Niall laying on his stomach, his face twisted in agony and a huge bleeding gash burned was into his back.

Zayn tried to draw something else, he really did, but Niall kept winding up on his paper. He wanted to make something else. A new picture to get his mind off all of this, but he just couldn't

Zayn was never going to be able to forgive himself for this. Never. His mind kept going back to last night. He had felt the burning sensation in the back of his throat, right before he laughed and a fire ball shot out from his mouth. He knew it was coming, but he couldn't stop it. There was no way for him to stop it and it invaded his thoughts and kept him from sleeping all night.

He sucked the air between his clenched teeth and bit his tongue to keep from screaming with white hot rage. His pencil hovered over the new sheet of paper he had and he could already see the outline of Niall's silhouette, laying on the floor, his mouth open in a soundless cry of pain.

Zayn furiously ripped the paper from his sketchbook and crumpled it. This time, he didn't throw the drawing. He kept it balled between his hands and rested his forehead against his closed fists. Zayn felt a rush of heat in his fingertips and heard a faint crackle. He opened his hands and saw the paper was already being consumed with fire. It twisted and shrank under the heat, curling into ashes and smoke in his palm.

“Babe, is something burning?” Perrie's voice, thick with sleep, made Zayn tear his gaze from the hypnotic glow of the flame.

Zayn turned in his swivel chair to face her. She was laying in bed, the sheets covering most of her, but he could still see where her favorite pair of pajamas covered her shoulders. Her hair was a mess from her pillow and she wore no makeup. She was absolutely beautiful.

Zayn's face softened when he looked at her. “No, it's just this,” He held out what remained of the paper. It was now just glowing embers in his hands and even those were starting to burn themselves out. His voice was a whisper even though it was only the two of them in his room.

“Did you sleep at all last night?” She asked him.

Zayn shook his head. “I couldn't get to sleep.” He said, lowering his eyes. He turned back to his trash can and dumped the ash into it.

“Come here,” She beckoned him over with her hand. Zayn wiped the remaining ash from his palms onto his jeans and walked over to sit on the edge of the bed. Perrie sat up and took his face in her hands. Her icy blue eyes looked straight into his deep brown ones. “You're not the monster you think you are, Zayn. It was an accident. You've got to understand that. It could have happened to anybody.”

“Right, because just anybody can shoot fire from their mouths and burn their best friend. Happens everyday.” Sarcasm dripped venomously from his voice. Perrie gave him a hard look and Zayn sighed, looking down at the white bed sheets. “I'm sorry,” He said in a softer tone. “But... You just didn't see him... Drop... Like I did. And I was the one that did it. I hurt him.” He looked back up at her. He knew she could see the pain and fear in his eyes. He was afraid of himself, and only she knew that side of him.

“I know you did, Zayn.” Perrie said quietly. “And I know if I hurt Eleanor, or Dani, or Tori like that, I would feel guilty, too. But I would know that I have to move on. Nobody hates you for what happened to Niall. I bet if you go and talk to him right now, he's going to make some joke about how he smells like steak now or something stupid like that.” That made Zayn let out one small laugh. It did sound like something Niall would say. Perrie grinned at him, knowing she was helping cheer him up. “Will you go talk to him?” She asked.