Chapter 9- Liam- The Street Dancer

~So I uploaded Jessie J's song Do It Like A Dude because that's the song Danielle is dancing to when she meets the boys and she's actually in the mv. You can see her in 0:40-0:50 and you can see her in the background of the rest of it. She even has a dance solo at 2:40 ish so you can check out her outfit like I described later on ;)~

Eventually, the elevator was fixed, Harry stayed, rehearsals began and Eleanor and Perrie kept a close eye on Harry's family. A few days after Harry disappeared, they went home, but everyone knew they weren't going to give up on finding their boy. Harry seemed to fall into a depression. Liam could feel it on the boy. Even when he smiled and laughed with his new friends, Liam could still sense the sadness that was slowly starting to choke him.

One day after rehearsals, Harry was asked to help Paul clean up the weapons that they were just staring to learn to use. Liam hung back, telling Louis and Niall he would catch up later. Liam watched Harry pick up one of the knives that had been laying on the ground and spin the point of the blade thoughtfully on his finger tip. The light from the fixtures on the high ceiling glinted off the metal threateningly.

Liam didn't need his strong empathy to feel how sad Harry was now that he had no family. He could see it in the way he walked. It was very slow, almost trudging, as he dragged his feet on the floor. His shoulders were slumped and his head always hung low. Then there was how sad his face always looked when he thought nobody was watching. His green eyes would become distant and empty and Liam knew the boy was home sick beyond belief. His mouth would pull into a frown and his brow would furrow, wrinkling his forehead and aging him by years!

When Harry was done putting away the weapons, he and Paul made their way to the elevator. Harry looked up from the floor and saw Liam standing there and Liam watched as Harry put on his happy facade. He wasn't fooled, though. Harry's depression left a bitter after taste in the air.

“Hey, Liam,” The boy said.

“Hello, Harry.” Liam said as all three of them entered the elevator. Paul hit the button for the main floor. “Good job in rehearsals today.”

“Thank you,” Harry said quietly, his attention being drawn back to the floor. “You were very good, too.”

“Thank you,” Liam replied. He looked at Harry who was still staring at the ground. “How are you doing?”

Harry glanced up, giving him a questioning look.

“You know, since you came here. It's a hard adjustment. I just wanted to make sure you were doing ok with it all.”

The elevator doors opened and Paul, Liam, and Harry all stepped into the lobby to give Perrie their keys.

Paul stepped back into the elevator and the phone on the front desk rang so Perrie was too busy to even hear their conversation, but the boys still spoke in low voices in the otherwise empty lobby.

“Ok, I guess,” Harry mumbled. “It's very... Different.” The word made both boys' mouths twitch into a small smile. Liam was quiet for a moment, debating on if he should prod more into Harry's mind and trying to get him to open up. Harry looked at his shoes, biting his lip nervously. “You know, don't you?” It was so quiet, Liam wasn't sure if he had heard Harry right. But then Harry looked at him. His bottom lip still caught between his teeth. The look in the boy's emerald eyes was almost pleading, like he was begging Liam to understand what was going through his head.

Liam nodded sadly. “I'm so sorry that it had to be this way,” He said in a hushed voice so Perrie couldn't hear him. “I wish there was something I could do,” Harry only nodded and bit his lip harder. His eyes started to shine with tears and he looked away from the older boy, completely ashamed of his break down.