Chapter 32- One Direction- What They Were Meant For

~Happy birfday to meee....

Pic of what someone thinks the boys' suits look like on the side! I'd totes dedicate this chapter to her, but idk who she is. I just found it on google. Lol.

Ok so here's the deal, theres a big ass fight coming up and I can't write the battle in only one boy's POV and putting ~LIAM'S POV~ and ~NIALL'S POV~ every other paragraph would be irritating and tedious. So! The chapters are gonna be merging from boy to boy and it might be a little confusing at first, but it'll be better as soon as the fight really starts and they get a little more spread out throughout the city. But this very beginning follows Liam more.~

Liam shook as he lowered his phone from his ear. It slipped from his hand and dropped into his gym bag. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Liam was glad it hadn't shattered on the ground, but the rest of him was completely numb.

Eleanor...

He had been in the training room when he had heard his phone ringing. And Eleanor had been on the other line. At first he thought it was some kind of trick. He thought Mr. X had figured out some way to digitally recreate the girl's voices or something and try and get him and the others to find them. But then she warned him. Of the... robot. And the army. And Zayn. Oh god, Zayn! He had heard Perrie yelling the entire time El was talking to him on the phone. She was telling Zayn to... Snap out of it? Liam was physically trembling as he thought of what was going on while the call was being taken. What was Zayn doing to Perrie?

The elevator doors opened behind him, but Liam didn't look up. In the corner of his eye, Liam could see the other boys walking towards him in the reflection of the mirror. They were all in their training clothes and Liam assumed they had all come down to fight off the boredom the confines of the hospital floor brought and work out with him.

“Hey, Liam,” Louis greeted, shouldering his gym bag. “Were you lookin' for a partner, 'cause- Liam?” Louis finally realized his friend hadn't moved at all since they had walked in the room.

Liam turned at the sound of his name the second time and everyone froze at the expression on his face.

“What's wrong?” Niall said, his blue eyes going wide. He and the others abandoned their gym bags and closed the small distance between them and Liam.

Liam's eyes flickered over their concerned faces. He took a deep breath, but his voice only came out in a squeak. “Eleanor.”

“What happened?” Louis demanded, a mix of fear and rage battling behind Louis' eyes.

Liam tried to find his voice, but he just couldn't. His eyes finally landed on Harry's who was watching him intently. Liam started to replay everything over in his head from the call. Harry's eyes grew bigger as he watched everything play out through Liam's mind. He cringed when the sound of Perrie's scream penetrated his thoughts and then made a wounded sound when the line went dead. Liam knew he had gotten a few things jumbled up in his head from his panic, but he knew Harry was smart enough to sort it out easily.

“Zayn. Oh god!” Harry finally shouted when he was done reading Liam's mind. He stared at Liam, stunned.

“What the fuck is going on?!” Louis finally shouted loud enough to make everyone jump. He had been trying to wait patiently for Liam and Harry's exchange, but Liam felt him grow frustrated when he realized the information had stunned Harry too.

Harry took a deep breath before turning to Louis. “Mr. X has Zayn.” Everyone turned and looked at the massive gash in the mats beneath the framed super suits. They had all assumed Zayn had gone after X and Perrie. They were just praying he would come back with the girls and himself in tact. It seemed he wasn't as fortunate as they hoped.