~Laughing Jack~

You slowly opened your eyes as you woke up.

You seemed to be inside another tent, there was a small table a few feet away, with what looked like bandages and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. 

You were lying ontop of an old tattered mattress that had dark red dried blood stains.

You quietly tried to sit up, but you were being held down by something.

You turned your head to look behind you in confusion, and you froze in place.

The black and white clown was there, and his head was just above yours.

To your relief, he seemed to be asleep.

You looked down at yourself and saw that his long arms were wrapped around you, keeping you from slipping away, but you still tried to get up.

Unfortunately, that caused him to shuffle a bit, and you instantly stopped moving.

You had to resist the urge to gasp as you felt him pull you closer, and your back pressed against his chest, his head snuggled ontop of yours.

He was longer than the mattress, his feet and ankles were on the ground while he had to keep his head bent over so it would still be on it.

After a moment, you remembered something, and looked at your hands, they were bandaged, just like his were.

Had he helped you like he said he would?

Why would he do that?

You blushed slightly, being so close to someone was an odd feeling, even if it was a monochrome clown.

"I hope you slept well.." You heard a raspy voice whisper in your ear, causing you to shiver a bit.

"Aww... There's no need to be scared of me you know... I'm your friend!" Laughing Jack giggled.

"F...Friend..?" You whispered fearfully, you had no idea what to expect from this clown.

"Of course! You and I are friends! And we always will be..." He held you a little tighter at those words.

"But... I thought you didn't like... well... people." You said somewhat blankly.

He laughed. "I may not be one for children, but that doesn't mean I don't like other people! Especially you."

You blinked a few times in disbelief.

Laughing Jack, was being nice... to you.

"Why me?" You accidentally whispered.

He was quiet for a moment, before he spoke with a fascinated tone. "You're unique! You're much different from other people I've seen, and I simply couldn't help but want to meet you myself."

"What made me seem so unique to you?" You mumbled curiously.

"Hmm... I might need a minute to think of that one.." His voice became slightly unsure.

"That's okay." You shrugged slightly.

"Um... can I get up now?" You reluctantly asked.

He sighed, as if he were disappointed.

"I suppose.." His long arms slithered off from around your body, releasing you from his grip.

You slowly sat up and looked down at him, he lied on his back, looking up at you with his usual smile on his face.