~The Smile Dog~

You felt the animal step off of you, and you slowly sat up to look at what had pounced on you.

In front of you was what looked like a large dog-like creature. It walked on all fours for one thing, but it didn't look the least bit normal.

It had big yellow eyes with small red pupils, and it had the biggest smile you've ever seen, with sharp white teeth covered in red stains, and his nose was two small nostrils. His fur was a dark red with a yellow-haze colored chest, and he had slick black hair from his head down his body, his big red flopped ears stuck out from it.

"Greetings, (Y/n), I, am the Smile dog...but you... may just call me Smile.." You heard a quiet voice whisper in your head, it wasn't like any voice a human would speak, nor did it sound like it came from anyone at all, for the dog's mouth never moved, but it was most definitely the dog that was 'speaking'.

You remembered hearing a story about the Smile dog once, but it was called Smile.Dog, probably the same thing. It was about a simple image, that turned out to be a curse to those who saw it, they had to as they say, 'Spread the Word' about the image. If they didn't, the Smile Dog would haunt them in their dreams and everyday lives, at most times, this would lead to the victim committing suicide, but some actually did as the dog asked, and spread the image of the Smile Dog however they could.

You had always thought this was just some rumor people made up, when the day came when you decided to see it for yourself, it turned out to be pretty odd, but you had never seen the dog with your own eyes or been told to 'Spread the Word' at all.

-Wait a sec, how did it know your name?

"How...How do you know me..?" You barely managed to ask as you stared at the large animal in awe.

You heard a faint laugh, it wasn't like any normal laugh, it was a whisper-like laugh, it sounded like something was huffing through its teeth. That was when you noticed the Smile Dog seemed to look like it was laughing, its shoulders rose and fell as it chuckled.

"I know everything about you.." It said after a moment.

You stared at the dog in disbelief.

The dog tilted its head.

"I do believe you have an umbrella correct? It's quite cold in the rain.."

You wondered if the dog was cold, you decided to get out your umbrella.

You opened it and held it above your head, shielding you from the rain.

"Um... you can... come under if you want.." You offered, slightly nervous.

The dog 'chuckled' again, before slowly walking closer to you and sitting beside you.

You dared to put a hand near it, and to your surprise the dog welcomed your touch. Its ears were softer than they looked, along with its slick hair and fur.

"So.... you're the Smile Dog?"

The dog nodded, looking at you with its big yellow eyes.

"Huh.. I always thought you were just a picture."

The dog 'chuckled' once more. It seemed to be amused by you're curiosity.

"That picture is a mere work of fiction of myself.."

"Work of fiction?"

"Yes... you see, that image is nothing more then a small 'present' I give to unsuspecting humans, there are some who are foolish enough to try and copy my works, but as you know, only mine is truly gifted." The dog explained.

"What do you mean by, 'gifted'?" You raised a brow.

The dog yet again 'chuckled' at your questions.

"There are humans in this world that believe that I exist, and I haunt those that see my little picture... but others, think the picture and I are but an urban legend, or a rumor someone else spread around... But in truth, I am a creature that kills through the human's most valued function, their mind.."

You listened carefully to the dog's 'words'.

"When an unsuspecting human stumbles upon my image, I am able to take control of their sight and thoughts, I do not control the humans themselves, but I am able to use their senses as I please.."

"More specifically.. their eyes and ears.. I am able to see what they see, and hear what they hear, I have the ability to look into their darkest and forgotten memories and secrets, I am able to see the things they see, that no other has. That is just the start of what I am able to do..."

You couldn't help but wonder how the Smile Dog was able to do such things, it was pretty amazing in your opinion, despite the fact that it's a way of causing lives to be lost. You could only imagine what it would be like to see the things another person couldn't through their own eyes.

"But, enough about me..." The dog turned its head towards you.

"There is something you need to know.."

"Ok." You nodded.

"Deeper in these woods... there is a graveyard that was long since abandoned... but, there is one person there as we speak.."

"Who are they?" You asked.

"...Your brother..."

Your eyes widened.

"Jeff? How do you know he's my brother? And how do you know he's out here?" You asked in slight confusion and surprise.

The dog 'chuckled' yet again.

"As I said, I know everything about you.. and I also know who he is, and what he became many years ago..."

You nodded in understanding.

"I shall lead you to where he is..." The dog stood and walked along.

You quickly got to your feet and closed the umbrella, then followed Smile into the woods.

Wondering what you'd find once you reached the destination.

~Boo! ^*^ I wonder who was able to guess that it was Smile dog? Probably a good number of you, maybe not. x) Anyways, I hope you're all excited that Smile Dog is now in the story, and I hope you're enjoying it so far. See you! ^*^~