~Another Search~

You opened your eyes to see a familiar ceiling, your room's ceiling.

You abrubtly sat up in your bed in shock.

"It...couldn't have been a dream... could it?" You whispered to yourself worriedly.

"Don't worry kiddo, it most certainly was not!" A familiar raspy voice laughed, and you felt his long arms hug you from behind.

"Phew.." You sighed with relief.

Honestly, you would have been pretty sad if it was just a dream, you were glad you still had Jack.

You looked to your left to see Jack's head sideways, looking at you with that same smile he seemed to always wear, you couldn't help but slightly smile back.

He suddenly brought a (Favorite color/flavor) candy to your face, holding it with three of his claws.

"Candy?" He asked sweetly.

You giggled faintly in slight embarrasment and nodded, carefully taking the small treat from his fingers, your own briefly brushing against them, they felt surprisingly soft.

"Thank you." You said.

"You're welcome kiddo." He chuckled.

You unwrapped the small ball of sugar and put it in your mouth, relishing the deliciously sweet taste. You didn't realise it at first, but Jack was watching you intently.

"I'm glad you like the candy I sent you." He said delighted.

"Sent me?" You tilted your head.

"You know! All those candies you had in your jacket!" He laughed amused.

"Wait..." You remembered the container of candy you had from after the forest incident, and the stranger that carried you home.

"That 'monster' MUST have been Laughing Jack!!" You heard Alex's voice echo in your head.

"Then... that really was you in the forest..?" You questioned a bit nervously.

"Indeed." He nodded, even though his head was completely on its side.

You hummed in response.

You remembered Alex and Henry, and your face became worried.

"Aww, what's the matter Gumdrop?" He made a small frown on his face.

"I just... I just hope my friends are okay.." You sighed.

"Hmm... how about we start looking for them then?" Jack suggested.

You brightened up slightly.

"Can we?" You asked Jack, like a little kid asking her parents if they could get candy for the first time.

"Mhmm. What do you think we should do first?" Jack asked.

"About finding your friends of course."

Your eyes widened. "Oh yeah, hmm..."

You thought for a moment, he had a point there, what should you do first?

"Maybe... we should see if they have their cellphones on them still..?" You suggested.

"That sounds like a good way to begin!" He agreed.

You grabbed your phone from your nightstand.

The time read: -11:34 A.M. Monday-

"I've been asleep for longer than a day??" You asked confused.