~An Intermission~

You nodded and stood up, looking at Jack, who was looking down at Jeff nervously.

Even though it was only a few moments, you had a horrible feeling in your stomach, Jack could have been hurt, and it would have been your fault.

You felt your eyes tear up slightly, but you tried to resist it.

And though you weren't sure how Jack would react, you could only do one thing at that moment.

You ran up to Jack and hugged him.

Jack stiffened for a second, but he quickly relaxed, probably because he realized it was just you.

You felt his long arms wrap around you and his head nuzzled ontop of yours lightly, you couldn't help but laugh a tiny bit.

After a moment, Jack took a step back and lowered himself so that you were at eye level, he then put a clawed hand on your head.

"Are you okay kiddo? He didn't hurt you did he?" Jack asked with worried eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I'm just glad you are too." You smiled.

Jack went quiet.

Miles barked a few times, running over to you, and you knelt down to hug him.

"I'm glad you're fine too, Miles." You chuckled.

You looked back at Jeff, or should you say, your brother.

"What should we do?" You asked Jack, motioning to Jeff.

"Hrm.." He crossed his arms in thought.

You couldn't just leave him there, he was your brother!

"Could you carry him for me?"

Jack gave you a look with a raised brow.

"Please?" You gave him your best 'puppy-eyes'.

He sighed through his cone nose.

"Alright."

He slithered his long arms underneath Jeff's body and wrapped them around him, afterwards he lifted him into the air, keeping a small distance.

"I don't want to be the first thing he swings at if he wakes up." Jack said flatly.

You nodded, resisting the urge to laugh.

You were about to go down the ladder, but you noticed Jeff's knife had fallen to the ground.

You carefully picked it up and put it in your hoodie pockets, making sure it wouldn't cut through them.

"Be careful with that thing! I don't want you to lose a finger." Jack said with a somewhat serious but kind voice.

You chuckled slightly at how worried he seemed to be.

You picked up Miles and slowly climbed down the ladder while Jack used his little smoke trick.

You set Miles on the floor once you got down, then you raised the ladder up to where it belonged, afterwards you walked to the room you woke up in.

"Where are you Jack?" You asked the emptiness of the room.

"Right here Gumdrop.~" The clown's voice cooed from behind you.

You looked over your shoulder and smiled to yourself, seeing Jack standing there.

"Let's put Jeff in that sleeping bag over there, okay?" You pointed at the bag.

He nodded and walked over to it.

You crouched down to open it, and Jack easily dropped Jeff inside it.