~The Day after the Fright~

You let your eyes adjust as you slowly opened them.

You sat up and rubbed them, then yawned and briefly stretched your arms.

You felt something was different, you looked down at yourself and saw you were no longer in your clown outfit, it was replaced with one of your regular pairs of pajamas, your skin was how it usually looked and your nose was back to normal.

"How did that happen?" You thought in confusion.

You looked up from your hands still thinking, but then you stopped and your mind went blank, your eyes widening.

Sitting beside your legs on the side of your bed, was Laughing Jack.

He was hunched over, twiddling his claws while staring at the ground, until he glanced over and saw you looking at him.

He gave what looked to be a nervous smile as he sat up to look at you.

"Good morning kiddo..." He said quietly.

"J..Jack..?" You were shocked to see him.

You wondered how long he had been sitting there, but quickly dismissed the thought.

He didn't say anything after that, he seemed to be trying not too show something.

"Jack... what... happened?" You asked, tilting your head.

Jack's smile faded as he gave a small sigh and looked down, his eyes had a gleam in them which made him look even sadder than his face showed.

"(Y/n), I... I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me to make me act the way I did... It was like I was completely out of control... I haven't done anything like that in years..."

He paused and looked over to you briefly.

"And I practically did all of that right in front of you..." He looked away and you saw him close his eyes tightly.

"Can you... ever forgive me... for what I've done..?" He asked after a short moment, you could hear the slight tremble in his voice.

Just hearing his voice the way it was made you feel sad yourself, you never thought Jack was able to actually be this way, it was shocking how the stories said he was a heartless being, yet when he was with you it was like he did have a heart, and a very fragile one.

You wriggled out from under the covers and crawled closer to Jack, then hugged him from the side as best you could.

Jack gasped slightly at contact, then almost immediately returned your hug with a tight one of his own, his arms wrapping around you and holding you close to him.

"Of course I can, Jack, and I do." You said sweetly, looking up at him with a smile.

Jack looked shocked.

"R...Really..?" His voice cracked.

You nodded cheerfully.

Jack slowly smiled and hugged you close to him again, you both stayed like that for a few minutes until there was a knock at the door.

Jack looked confused as he let you go.

"Who's that?" He asked you.

You gave a shaky laugh, remembering what was planned to happen the night before.

He raised a brow then furrowed them both, suspicion becoming clear in his eyes.

"(Y/n)? May I come in dear?" You heard Jason's voice speak from the other side.