~An Unexpectedly Spine-Chilling Find~

You and Will burst through the door to your house and Will slammed it shut with his back once you were both inside, preventing the harsh winter wind and snow from blowing in. (Good thing the door wasn't locked.)

"I swear it's a blizzard out there!" Will panted, rubbing his hands together in desperate hopes of warming them.

"Tell me about it..." You agreed, trying to burrow into your puffy winter coat for warmth.

It was only two days into December and it was like Antarctica had moved to your neighborhood. You and Will had been minding your own business taking a walk down the street, when suddenly a snowstorm broke loose and attacked with no mercy. You made a mad dash back to the house but still got pretty chilled.

"Goodness, I was beginning to worry that I would have to go out there and find you two! I'm glad you made it home safely." You and Will turned and saw Jason sitting in the chair by the couch, a relieved smile on his face. Much to your surprise, Smile was laying on the ground beside him along with Miles, giving you that same big grin it always wore.

"Welcome home..." It said.

Miles barked and ran over to you, nuzzling into your leg probably in hopes of helping you warm up, making you giggle.

"Oh, hey, uh... Jason, right?" Will asked, stepping away from the door and over to him, sitting on the couch. Jason nodded, seemingly a little impressed that Will remembered.

"So you two have met?" You asked curiously, sitting down by Smile and hovering a hand over its head as a way of asking to pet it, to which it allowed with a small snicker. Miles lied down beside you snuggling against your legs, giving you no choice but to pet him too for his cuteness.

Jason chuckled.

"We became acquainted not too long ago, when I saw you both leave the dog suddenly appeared from your room, so I came up to see what this was all about."

Oh, right, he has the ability to watch what goes on in the house, you'd forgotten about that. (Again.)

"I had sensed something earlier, a special presence, but I wasn't able to tell who it was, so I tried getting closer to the source. There's... some kind of barrier preventing me from identifying who it is. But, I can tell you they're somewhere in the woods." Smile spoke with a somewhat troubled tone.

"A person in the woods, huh?" You tilted your head, beginning to feel helplessly curious. Sure, you'd just gotten inside from being out in the cold, but hey, good ol' curiosity couldn't care less.

"Oh no no no no no no no, you are not going back out there right now! The outside is colder than an icebox!" Will jumped from the couch down to you and put his hands on your shoulders, his blue eyes holding a caring and protective look in them.

You laughed a little, you weren't expecting this kind of thing from Will, but you appreciated it.

"But don't you wanna know who Smile sensed?"

Will started to think to himself, remaining quiet.

Then you got a thought and looked down.

"What if it's someone that needs help..?"

Everyone went silent, even Smile seemed to think to itself.

"That's indeed a possibility." Jason spoke after a few minutes, a look of concern faintly showing on his face.

"Well, whoever it may be, I'm gonna go see what this is about." You stated, determination in your voice as you stood, but Will suddenly grabbed your arm before you could walk away and stood up to be level with you.