Jeff's Return, but Not Only His...

You slowly awoke from the peacefulness of slumber, only to smile and blush a bit when you noticed you were still as close to Jack as you were when you fell asleep. His arms were still wrapped around you like silky rope, and when you looked up to see his face you saw he was still sleeping, a content smile painted on his black lips.

You suddenly felt a hand gently place itself on your shoulder. When you looked behind you, you nearly gasped upon seeing Jeff, he was on his knees leaning on the bed.

"Jeff..!" You smiled more, happy and relieved that he was awake. You kept your voice quiet to avoid giving Jack a rude awakening.

Jeff smiled back.

"Hey sis..." He whispered, crossing his arms on the bed.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" You asked, carefully turning yourself over to look at him better. His eyes were still a little red, but not nearly as bad as they were when you found him, plus he had a few bandages on his face and hands. He was hurt? The snow must've hidden his injuries.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks to you and... that guy." Jeff replied, pausing a bit since he must've still not known Will's name.

"Who is he anyway?" He continued, waiting patiently for your response.

You remembered the time he left a note telling you that he wanted to know who Will was after he'd found him sleeping here.

You tried not to laugh.

"His name is Will, he's one of Jack's closest friends." You explained briefly.

Jeff raised his brows in surprise.

"So he's Jack's little buddy, huh?"

"You could say that. But we're much more like: 'Partners in crime'." You heard Jack's voice sleepily chuckle.

The weight from behind you shifted and you both looked to see the black and white clown sitting up, smiling at you both.

"Sleep well, Jeffrey?" He tilted his head.

Jeff seemed to think to himself for a moment, then nodded.

"Anyway, how's everything been here since I left? Did... she, ever come back?" Jeff sneered at the word 'she', clearly meaning Jane.

You shook your head. Jack pulled you up and moved you to lean against him, not really saying anything. You smiled back at him for the gesture, then Jeff continued speaking.

"I see you two got everything worked out." He stated, not giving off any emotions.

You nodded.

"After you left, Jack showed up, and it wasn't long before everything was right again." Jack rested his head on your shoulder, and you glanced back at him to see him nuzzling against you with his eyes closed. He wasn't smiling as wide as before even though he still looked happy, but the small smile that was left seemed to be for a different reason.

You looked back at Jeff and noticed he was watching Jack in silence. His gaze wouldn't move from him for even a second at that moment, he seemed to be waiting for something, but you weren't sure what.

He suddenly broke from his stare and looked at you again.

"Is that guy with the red hair his friend too?"

"Mine as well." You clarified.

Jeff seemed to hum a little.

"My name is Jason, Jeffrey." Everyone jumped a bit at the fourth voice in the room.