~Road Trip Plans~

Despite having to live through the drudgery of keeping secrets, the days flew by, and it was only ten days until one of your most beloved holidays of all.

Christmas.

Every year the neighborhood would come together and decorate the entire town in lights and other decorations, and in the center of the shopping district would be the most beautifully decorated tree there could possibly be. The day held countless childhood memories, and you always smiled at the thought of it.

However, this time was going to be different, because despite how much that day means to you, you knew deep down there was one who didn't care for it in the slightest. And that was none other than the magical being that was created and gifted on that very day.

That day was the start of what was meant to be a bright future, but then spiraled down into a time of darkness, hopelessness, and emptiness. It was a time that no one ever deserves to live through, but he was cursed with it, and there was nothing you could do to change it.

You wanted more than anything to be able to help him enjoy the wonderful holiday this time, but you were at a loss as to how to do it...

You tried to talk to Will and Frankie for ideas, since Jeff didn't really know much about Jack, and Jason had enough on his plate as it was, but both of them-Frankie especially-, tried to convince you that it wasn't a good idea. Will wanted to help him just as much as you did, but he explained to you that when he tried before, it didn't go well. Jack just vanished and didn't come back until late spring, so he never tried again.

You hoped it wouldn't be the same with you, but just when you'd finally gotten the courage to talk to him about it, your father had other plans...

"(Y/n)? Can I talk to you for a second?" Your father had knocked and peaked in to see if you were there.

"Oh, sure, dad. What is it?" You sat up in your bed, Miles snuggled up beside you.

Your father walked in and shut the door behind him, then sat on your bed with an indecisive look on his face.

"Well... er..." He hesitated.

"What's wrong?" You asked in concern, hoping nothing bad happened.

"Did you ever... try to go to that place we talked about?" He asked.

That was when you remembered the phone call back when Jane was still around. He'd talked to you about the old neighborhood Jeff lived in, but since you were so caught up in things you'd forgotten all about it.

"Oh, no, I hadn't gotten that far, why?" You tilted your head.

Your father scratched the back of his neck, flashing a nervous smile.

"Well... I was wondering if maybe... we could go together?"

Your mind went blank for a second. Your dad wanted to do something that crazy with you? He'd never been that daring before!

"R...Really?" You were stunned.

"Yeah! I er... I've been wanting to go in there for quite some time, ever since I heard the story. If we go together we could both learn the truth, and maybe it would, I don't know, help us bond a little more maybe..." He chuckled a little, still not all that confident.

You smiled, touched by your father's intentions. But then your mind went to Jeff and the others, would they be okay with you gone? And how would Jack feel about this?

"That sounds awesome... but what about mom?"

"I'll just tell her that it's a regular father-daughter bonding trip, you know how much she likes those." Your father winked.