~Meeting the Stranger~

After a few hours of sitting with Miles and talking to him to calm down after the previous incident, it was nearly midnight, and time to go back to the alley.

You stood from the bed and grabbed your flashlight, since it was dark out.

Miles watched with a suspicious look on his face.

"Miles, I have to go somewhere for a little while." You told him.

You were about to walk out the door of your room, but Miles ran in your way, his big blue eyes showing refusal.

You sighed and thought of what you should do about this.

Maybe he could protect you if things went wrong?

"How about you come with me?" You offered.

Miles looked unsure, but he nodded.

"You won't have to wear the leash since theirs not many people outside this late, let's go." You told him and motioned for him to follow, which he quickly did.

You both left the house and walked into the night.

You felt your phone vibrate from inside your pocket and took it out.

The stranger had texted you once more.

'Are you coming?' It said.

'Yes, I'm on my way now.' You replied.

'Thank you, I was afraid you had decided you weren't going to.'

You put the phone back in your pocket and continued the quiet walk.

No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get Jack out of your thoughts. You still felt horrible for what you had said about not knowing if he cared, but in all honesty you really didn't! You wondered what he might be thinking of you now, what if he was angry? What if he was hurt? You really hoped he wasn't too much of either of those things.

After a few minutes, you had arrived at the closed and dark shopping square.

You looked towards the dark alleyway and knelt down to Miles, whispering to him.

"Listen, I need to go into that alley, you need to stay outside unless I want you to come in, okay?"

Miles looked suspicious of your intentions, but he gave a quiet 'ruff' and nodded.

You gave him a faint smile and stood to walk over to the alley.

Miles sat down by the wall, intensely eyeing the gap in between the buildings.

You pet his head briefly before you took a deep breath, and walked in.

"Hello?" You called into the darkness.

"Is anyone here?"

"Yes there is." A voice spoke from farther in.

You gulped slightly before going farther inside the alley, looking left and right for the person who spoke.

As you reached the very back you laid your eyes on a cloaked figure leaning against the wall.

You gulped once more, faintly shrinking back.

"Please, do not be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you." The voice spoke again, you could now recognize that it was a woman's.

You've heard that phrase so many times this month, you were sure it was the one pack of words you'd never be able to forget.

"Who... are you?" You asked with an unsure voice.

The figure moved from the wall and started to walk closer to you.

You had completely forgotten about the flashlight until this point, so you decided to use it.

You pulled it out from your pocket and turned it on, but when you looked up, you jumped slightly in shock.

The figure was only inches from you now, and you could now see that they were the person you saw that afternoon.

You saw a completely white and feminine hand slowly reach out from the cloak, gently taking your hand that had the flashlight, and lifting it so the light went straight up.

You looked up to the woman's face which was concealed by cloth, that changed when the woman's hands reached up to the hood and pulled it back.

The woman spoke as the cloth fell from her head.

"My name..."

Once you saw her face in the light, you could have sworn your heart stopped.

"...Is Jane."