~A Bit of Catching Up and a Critical Promise~

Everyone jumped to their feet, even Miles, who had woken up upon hearing Jason's shout. Well, all except Will, who was still asleep.

Jason quickly took Will into his arms and carried him off towards the kitchen.

"We can't let them see us! Come, Jeffrey! Hurry!" He urged with a panicked voice.

Jeff nodded and followed Jason, but not before giving you a quick kiss on the cheek and whispering an: 'I love you'. He must've known it would be awhile before he could see you again. Fortunately, his lips didn't leave any blood. Jason must've cleaned his face last night.

You could hear the pantry doors open and swiftly shut, then the basement door do the same.

Jack had been silent the whole time, when you looked at him you noticed the distant but distressed look in his eyes.

You took his face in your hands to get his attention.

"Go up to my room for now, okay?" You whispered as you heard a car door slam shut.

Jack slowly nodded and flew backwards up to the railing, then fazed through the door to your room.

You quickly plopped onto the couch on your back, motioning for Miles to join you, and he quickly jumped up onto your chest and lied down, pretending to be asleep. You did the same just as the front door's lock began to jiggle.

The door creaked open, and a familiar male's voice called out.

"(Y/n)! Honey! We're home!" 

You pretended to jolt awake, Miles doing the same and jumping back down onto the floor.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't see you!" Your father scratched his head in embarrassment.

You smiled widely.

"Dad!" You practically jumped into his arms, getting a just as loving embrace in return.

"Hey, sweetie!" He greeted you happily.

"Don't you forget about me!" Your mother stepped into the house, a false angry look on her face.

You stepped over and hugged her as well.

"Hey, mom!" You giggled.

"Oh, my baby! Mommy missed you so much!" She kissed your face numerous times, making you laugh. She was always the lovey-dovey type of mom.

"I didn't think you guys were gonna come home yet, honestly." You admitted after a bit, hiding your nervousness.

"Your grandpa actually got better earlier than expected, so we were able to come home early to be with you." Your father explained, still smiling.

You smiled in relief that your grandfather was alright, he was always a loving and kindhearted person.

"So, how has everything been here?" He asked afterwards, placing an arm around your shoulders.

"It's been good, no trouble at all." You replied.

"Well, that's wonderful." Your mom seemed thankful.

Suddenly, your dad made a sound of surprise as he looked to one side and stepped away.

"And who's this little guy?" He asked curiously.

You tried not to jump.

Miles. You'd never told them about him.

"You got a dog??" Your mother added, putting a hand to her mouth in surprise.

You looked and saw your dad lift Miles up into his arms, Miles looked startled but he stayed calm since he knew it was just your father.

"Oh, uh, heh, that's Miles..." You scratched your neck.