Chapter 22 surprise

Chapter 22

Mel’s Pov

It was Monday morning and we all had to go to school. We all got into Zack’s car and headed off to school. When we reached the school parking lot Rennie and Tyler was there waiting for us.

 Rennie and me was so happy at how well Tyler and Zack were getting along, as we were always hanging out together, and now with them two getting along so well means everything will  be perfect.

We all started to head down the corridor to our lockers, Zack never left my hand go once  knowing  how  nervous I was ,I always managed to hide behind poor Rennie at school, as I hated people staring at me and  Zack  seemed to notice this.

As we were heading to our first class I asked Zack” How comes your holding me behind you?”

He looked up at me and studied my face for a minute. “Ok I will tell you but you must promise not to get mad with me, he pleaded with his eyes, I nodded my head.

”Ok do you remember the first day we met in the corridor?” I nodded for him to continue, “Well my wolf had told me you were my mate and needed to be close to you “,”I wanted to find out everything about you!” “So I watched you very closely that day, I know it sounds like I was stalking you, but please believe me it was only to get to know more about you!”

 “I realised that day you hate all attention aimed at you, and you can’t stand people starring at you!”

I squeezed Zack’s hand and said thank you with a slight smile, he leaned down and kissed me on my forehead, it was then that I noticed we were outside our history classroom and luckily, we both had this lesson together.

The rest of the day flew by, when we got home we was met by my mum and dad ,they had a worried look on their faces, I felt Zack tense up so I gripped hold of his hand calming him down .Dad then spoke up “Zack I need to talk to you in my office please!” Zack followed my dad; I could sense the worry coming off him.

 My dad then turned to face me and said” Melissa I think you should come too as this has as much to do with you as well as Zack, seeing as you are mates now “.

Zack looked at my dad with worry and pain showing in his eyes, I could feel the tension building and I would be lying if I said I was not scared.

Dad offered us both a seat and mum went and stood by dad.” Ok well Zack do you know why I have called you here?” dad asked, “I think so, “replied Zack with a big sigh, He held my hand tighter and I knew he was struggling. “Ok how about you tell me what you need too then I will be able to help you Zack” dad said.

Zack’s POV

“Is it ok if I start at the beginning?” the Alpha nodded his head. I looked at Melissa and she squeezed my hand to let me know it will be ok.

 I took a deep breath and began “Well one year ago “My mind went back to that day as I started to explain, “My dad is Alpha of the Midnight pack in Malibu”,”We were attacked by rouge’s and they killed most of our females and children that day”

“But my mum made me and my brother run, she told us we were to head here as this was her birth place”, “and to explain to the Alpha who our parents are and we would be safe! We done everything to stay and fight but my mum would not allow it.  

We done everything we were told to do and made our way here, a tear escaped down my cheek as I thought about my mum and dad. “I don’t know if my mum and dad made it as I have heard nothing from them and it’s been a year now.” I looked down at the floor .you know I am slightly different to all other wolfs don’t you?” I said looking up at the Alpha “Yes son I do I also knew your mum and dad they were good people.” He stood up and walked over to me putting his hand on my shoulder “, did you know that there are wolfs still looking for you?” I was shocked at this, as I did not know, However I didn’t need to say anything as the Alpha new from the look on my face I knew nothing.

I took a deep breath and asked, “Do you need me to leave?” my heart was breaking, I couldn’t even look at my mate as I could feel her body beginning to shake from her sobbing, I pulled Melissa in closer to me wanting to comfort her.

“No son  I want you to know we are family now and I class you as my own son and we will support you in any way we can” ,”but we are going to have to ask you to use your  special powers for us to get through this will you be able do that?” the Alpha asked.

I looked at Melissa and leaned in to her and kissed her on her lips”baby are you ok?”I asked ,she leaned in and kissed me yes baby she sat on my lap leaning her head in the crook of my neck ,I took in the scent of her relaxing me instantly ,Then looked back at the Alpha “ I will do it! Only if you promise to help me, as I have only used this power once and last time I was very ill after it. In addition, I want you to make sure no one else will hear about this, as I need to protect Melissa. “That’s fine son and I understand. Since I was told I have been doing some research so I would be able to help you as much as I can. ”Ok kids that’s it for tonight lets go and eat.” with that we all left the office.

 Well what powers do you think Zack has?

Hope you liked this chapter

Vote or comment please