XVI: MISTAKE

Khaos

Napabangon ako nang matanaw si Adria na nagmamadaling lumapit. "What's wrong?" I asked her, who looks distressed. Nalipat ang paningin ko sa bagong palit niyang P. E uniform. "Did something happen?"

"Halika." Hatak niya sa 'kin patayo.

Without asking why, I dumbfoundedly obliged. I had no idea what she's up to until we reached the parking lot. Nilingon ko siya.

"K-kailangan nating umuwi, Khaos." That's all she said.

Wala akong itinanong, dinukot ko lang ang susi ko sa bulsa at naglakad papunta sa sasakyan.

I opened the door to the driver's seat. As I put the key in, to start tha car, I froze after seeing from the rear view mirror who was in the backseat.

It was my old body. Supposedly dead, yet it doesn't look like it. Nakapikit 'to pero humihinga.

“Awestruck?” asked the vampire girl who's now opening the front door on the other side. “You're not the only one.” She simply sat on the front seat.

Adria slipped into the back seat, right beside my old body.

Again, I didn't ask anything. I just drove. Hindi ko lang nagustuhan ang nakikitang pag-aalala sa mukha ni Adria habang nakatingin sa dati kong katawan.

“S-so E-Eve, how did you retrieve h-him?” Nauutal na binasag ni Adria ang ilang minuto nang katahimikan sa gitna ng byahe.

“As I was searching all over Amsytrea, I found him wounded and exhausted. Senselessly running in the forest, Your Highness.”

“A-and Chartreuse?”

The vampire shook her head once as she answers. “Most likely that he fought a great deal to escape the succubus,” tukoy nito sa katabi ng kausap.

“B-but how can this be?" Nasulyapan ko sa salamin ang hindi mapaliwanag na ekpresyon sa mukha ni Adria. It was a mix of confusion and sorrow. “How c-can he be alive when his soul is in a different body?”

“I'm afraid that same as you, not yet fully bound to forbidden magic, I am also unknowledgeable, My Queen.”

Adria

Inihiga agad namin ang katawan ni Cyan sa isa sa mga guest room nang makarating kami sa bahay. Khaos was just staring the whole time. I can tell that he is overwhelmed by the situation.

Napatitig ako sa lalaking nakaratay at walang malay. I  don't know what to feel or think of at the very moment.

“I shall try to seek answers as swiftly as I can.” Iyon lang at nawala na naman si Eve.

“If you need anything else, feel free to tell me.”

I was completely speechless as Khaos closed the door. I wasn't able to say anything to him before he left. Hindi ko rin naman alam kung saan magsisimula, kung ano ang dapat kong sabihin sa kanya.