XX: INEVITABLE

Adria

It wasn't soon after Cyan's expression became serious that he rushed towards where Klaude's earlier attack came from. Awtomatikong nahawi ang malamig na hamog sa bawat paghakbang niya.

"Klaude, he's coming!" babala ni Chartreuse na nasa ere pa rin bago nito inilabas uli ang mga latigong gawa sa anino. She then, lashed a sharp strike after Cyan.

The latter, with his keen sense made a quick sidestep, effortlessly evading the attack from above without looking.

Hindi natinag si Chartreuse. She hardened the shadows which turned into long retractable, yet flexible spikes. Mula sa kinalalagyan, sinabay-sabay at sinunod-sunod niya ang pagsugod gamit ang mga matutulis na anino. The shadow whips pierced through the fog like lances. Halinhinang binutas ng mga 'yon pati na ang lupang tinatakbuhan ni Cyan.

And like how he dodged the first attack relying only on his senses, Cyan was able to move unscathed through the successive shadow bombardment without stopping from his tracks.

Habang palapit siya ng palapit sa kinatatayuan ni Klaude, unti-unti namang lumilinaw ang silweta nito sa makapal na hamog. Aninag ang pagkilos nito na halatang bibitaw ng atake. Cyan slid forward as he created a sword made of ice using his elemental magic and parried the incoming strike.

Chartreuse was about to take advantage of the situation, but I was quick to block the fast-moving shadows with my flames just before it got close to Cyan.

"Ang hilig mo talagang makialam kahit noon pa, Adria!" she said with spite.

The shadows backed away just so it could charge at me again. Chartreuse aimed at full speed. Kaliwa't kanan ang mga aninong pinakawalan niya. Halos gahibla lang ang agwat ng bawat pag-iwas ko mula sa mga 'yon. A shadow slipped through my guard and slightly brushed against my cheek which was enough to leave a bleeding cut.

"Your head's next!"

She might be right. Her recent attack could've sent my head flying with just a misstep. I'm really in a disadvantage from her long-range multiple attacks.

Habang tinatantya kung ano ang susunod na gagawin ng kalaban ko, hindi nakaligtas sa pandinig ko ang ingay na nanggagaling sa likuran ko. I heard sound of clashing swords echoing in the thick fog. A sign that the other two are also settling things on their own.

Hindi pa man ako nakakabawi, nagpakawala na naman si Chartreuse ng atake. As I roll on the ground to avoid being diced to pieces, a basic knowledge came to mind: elemental magic is the only kind of magic that can counter forbidden magic.

Hastily, I stood up and enfolded both my hands with flames. Inabangan ko ang sunod na atake ni Chartreuse. At nang isinugod niya ang mga anino, agad kong sinunggaban ang dalawa sa mga 'yon habang uniiwas sa iba pa.

With all my might, I pulled Chartreuse and aggressively swung her around before slamming her down. And as soon as she fell flat on the ground, I ordered my flames to crawl on the shadows, and imprisoned her in a sphere cage made of fire.

Nilingon ko ang direksyon ni Cyan. At the moment, he's warding with his own weapon, a black sword that emits dark aura wielded by Klaude. As the latter kept forcefully swinging it back and forth, he still find ways to retaliate. Sunod-sunod ang palitan ng dalawa sa pagsangga at pag-atake.