Turman Residence (Chapter 1)

I never really worked a day in my life. When I graduated from high school this spring I never thought I would go through these hardships that my soul and mind are experiencing. My mom died a month ago from lung cancer. She smoked two packs a day. I told the stubborn woman to stop but my words went right through her left ear and out the right one. She was a full time maid working at a huge mansion, probably the biggest in town. She was never really home much. She would just call and speak to me for maybe a minute or so, then our small apartment was all mine. I was trapped in these four walls everyday. She would only come home on the weekends for lunch time, and dinner but now it wasn't like that anymore. She has passed away, and now I have to carry out her job for the mean time. I got the call last week saying I'd start working as a maid on Monday. Who the hell were they kidding? I didn't know anything about being a maid. My life was going down the drain and I knew it. I ripped a piece of paper out of my spiral notebook and wrote in big, bold letters: "FML".

My friend Sabrina did me the huge favor to give me a lift to the mansion, I was soon to be slaving at. It was half an hour away of course. My house was in the poor neighborhood and rich town was quite far away from us. I usually walk everywhere, but if I walked this time, I'd probably lose my legs. I pulled the window down, and let the sun rays dash through my brown wavy hair. I leaned my head back and smelled the fresh air that slowly polluted my lungs.

"Will you be okay in that place Cilia?" Sabrina asked, daring to take a glance at me.

"Yeah I'll be fine. I'll just do whatever those suckers tell me to, and I'll be good to go." I said waving my hand in the air to dismiss the question.

Sabrina looked back at the road, shrugging off the conversation. We slowly pulled up to these enormous steel gates, and I read the plate on the cement. It read: "Turman Residence".

Sabrina was wondering how we would get inside when I pointed at this speaker like post on the side of her car. She pressed the florescent red button and suddenly an elder's voice appeared.

"Yes, who may you be looking for?" he said.

I was surprised at how gentlemen-like he was and it stunned me. I never heard anyone talk that way, it was sort of weird, like it came from a soap opera or a movie. I spoke before Sabrina could.

"My name is Cilia, I'm Anne's daughter, I will be the new maid." I said leaning into Sabrina's window.

The gates slowly opened up, and I smirked to myself. Sabrina put the car in drive and if that trip to the front door wasn't at most 5 minutes then I don't know what to say. We finally reached our destination and Sabrina's car came to a full stop.

"We've..arrived." Sabrina said in awe.

I wasn't so surprised. I had seen the house on the cover of various newspaper headlines and I already knew how big it would be. I looked at Sabrina who was still probably asking herself how can such property be so huge. I removed my sunglasses, and put them on top of my head while I got off the car, and walked to the rear-end. I grabbed my banged up suit case, bringing mainly all my clothes to the floor.

"Damn it! Stupid suitcase!" I muttered to myself.

I bent down and proceeded to grab all my items, when I heard a large door open. I was too concentrated on collecting everything off of the floor before I embarrass myself when a tall, young, good looking man appeared in front of me with various body guards, and a man who looked like a butler approached me. I was practically on the floor so I stared at his shoes for a good while, in fact, noticing how nice they were when he spoke and it made my eyes shoot up at him but the sun's reflection didn't let me see his characteristics, permitting my eyes to squint.

"You should really buy a new suitcase, and a fresh set of wardrobe at that too." he said in a calm voice.

I looked back at the ground, and felt the heat pin point my already rosy cheeks from how hot the temperature was outside. I stood up taking my sweet time thinking of how to not be rude. Who the hell was this man to tell me such vulgarity? My anger was getting in the way, and I knew I would later on regret it.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Comment and let me know what you thought about this. Thank you :)