A Scolding (Chapter 11)

I heard my door shoot open and stretched while turning my head to see Joshua coming up to me fixing his button by his wrist on the sleeve. I groaned and looked at my phone.

"It's an hour early for me to wake up, what do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Was it you the one who put that bucket next to my bed last night?" he said looking at me.

"Yes why?" I put my arm over my eyes.

"Are we in kindergarten Cilia? Do you usually play dumb games like this?" he clenched his teeth.

"What? No! Why?" I sat up on my bed.

"I went to the bathroom and tripped over the bucket making a mess so you wake up right now and go clean it up! I'm leaving early!" he ordered me.

"No! I still have an hour to sleep I'll clean it at 6." I said pulling the covers over my head.

"Cilia Louis!" he pulled the covers and dropped them on the floor.

"What the hell is your problem?" I yelled.

"You! You're my damn problem! If you're going to act like a damn kid and be immature then take your leave!" it was dark in the room but I could feel his anger.

"You know what I think that's best." I said in a low voice.

"Yeah maybe it is because you and I can't work together." he replied.

He stormed out of my room and let the door slam. I felt my chest closing up and the heat rushing through my cheeks. I was pissed but upset at the same time. Did he not remember he was drunk? All I did was try to help him and here he was early as ever, scolding me and making me feel like the worst person in the world. I went to the bathroom and began changing my clothes. Why the hell did these things happen to me?

***************

"Miss. Louis is there something wrong? You've been upset ever since morning and it's already noon." he said watering the plants.

"Jefferson, do you ever feel like you do good things for a person and you don't get appreciated?" I looked over to the pool.

"Yes, in a way." Jefferson smiled.

"Don't you get tired of working here?" I asked him.

"I've been working here for over 30 years Miss. Louis. I've known young master Joshua ever since he was in his mothers womb." he smiled looking at the flowers.

"Was he always like that?" I said bitterly.

"Young Joshua has always been a loving kid, but his parents were always out in business trips and didn't pay much attention to him so I was the one who gave him attention." he explained.

"Which is why you love him no matter what and will stay with him forever?" I asked.

"Why, yes. That's my plan." he walked into the kitchen.

The reflection of the sun on the pool and the shapes it created on the wall were attracting my vision. I stared at the wall for a long time but my head was somewhere else. Joshua was said to be a loving person but I guess he hated me since I was always being treated like crap. I wanted to punch him! I wanted to show him that being treated so harsh isn't a nice feeling.

"Miss. Louis?" Jefferson called from the kitchen.

"Yes?" I replied.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to him. He was holding out the phone.

"Where the hell is your cellphone?" Joshua yelled over the phone.

"In my room, why?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know, 'cause I called you 55 damn times!" he yelled again.

"Don't yell at me! I left my phone that way I don't start texting my friends!" I rolled my eyes.

"Did you clean the mess in my room?" he asked.

"Yes, been done. Is that all?" I asked impatiently.

"Ye-"

"Kay then bye." I hung up the phone before he could say something else.

Jefferson shook his head, and I smiled. I ran to my room and checked my cellphone. I had 5 missed calls and 3 text messages.

"55 times my ass." I mumbled.

I got a text from Sabrina. She sent me an early birthday message that said she was traveling with her family and couldn't call me but that she hoped I had a good day. If only she knew that I'd probably be spending my birthday out here in the Turman mansion by myself and this time without my mom. It brought me to those deep thoughts that bring me despair and emotions that I tend to lock away in my heart and they were letting loose. What would happen when I would blow up and they would come bursting out of my chest?