Busting A Mission (Chapter 3)

Joshua and I were standing outside this white plain door and I waited till he could say something. I looked around and noticed that I wasn't going to be able to find my way out of this hallway. It was like a maze with all strange entrances, and exits.

"Open the door." he said.

I opened the door to find a big room, with white walls, and a twin bed. It was plain and dull probably because no one had used it but I was stunned at how huge it was. It was probably much bigger than my whole apartment. I took a glance at him.

"Is this my room?" I asked.

"Why yes, you may decorate it however you like just do not paint my walls. I won't allow it." he said.

"I wasn't planning on it and thanks I like this room." I responded.

"Glad to hear it. Your uniform will be delivered to you this afternoon and my butler Jefferson will show you around the house and teach you the basics of being a maid." he explained.

I nodded at him, and just a few seconds later he left my room. I looked around and finally let my suitcase hit the ground and out came all my clothes once again. I didn't care because either way they were to be tucked away in my closet. I walked to the big window and noticed the view of the big pool in the backyard and the woman sunbathing on a beach chair. I'm guessing that was one of Joshua's family members but I couldn't quite tell because of her hat. I ran to the twin bed and jumped on it feeling the softness and freshness of new bed sheets. The rest of that afternoon I was putting clothes away, and checked out the bathroom. It was very fair with a tub, it's toilet, and the perfectly clean sink. I decided to hop into the tub and filled it up with steamy hot water. I stuck a foot in and felt goosebumps rise to my spine. I finally dipped my whole body and leaned back against the edge.

"This feels amazing." I whispered closing my eyes.

I didn't realize I fell asleep for a short while and when I woke up I realized I had been in the shower for nearly an hour. I stood up and wrapped myself in a white towel that I spotted on the towel rack. I walked out and saw something navy blue and white on the bed. It was my uniform. I thought to myself "who uses these maid dresses anymore?" but then again these rich people probably do it for the entertainment of it. I quickly took the dress and threw it in the closet. I heard a knock on my door but before I could hide it flew open.

"Oh I see you're finally out of the shower. Your uniform was brought to you in time, correct?" It was Joshua.

"Excuse me, do you not see me in a towel?" I exclaimed.

"Oh excuse me, it's my mansion, be aware that I can open my doors at anytime of the day." he fake smiled.

"That's not fair you should give a girl her privacy. What if I didn't have any coverage?" I said.

"Don't worry. I wouldn't notice, I don't pay attention to my employees." he said.

I gave him a menacing look, and he gave me a fake smile once more. He finally walked out, and I ran to lock the door. I felt so unsafe suddenly, and thought I would have to be careful and more cautious next time.

***********

A while later, I felt hungry since I hadn't had any solids in my stomach since this morning. 8:47pm is what my clock on the phone read. I sighed and opened the door slowly looking left and right. I tiptoed out of the room and after walking around for a while, I ended up back in front of my door. I groaned and decided I was starving, and food was top priority right now. I walked again, this time taking different turns and eventually I found the living room. I did a small victory dance, and proceeded to find the kitchen. I was getting annoyed, and wanted to yell.

"That was a nice victory dance, wanna tell me what's going on?" Joshua whispered getting up from the couch.

I jumped at his voice, and looked at him. It seemed like he fell asleep and just woke up. He was wearing sweatpants, and a white long tee-shirt. He looked different since usually he was always wearing a suit or elegant clothes.

"Where the hell is your kitchen?" I shouted in a whisper.

He chuckled and walked ahead of me. I followed him and when he turned on the lights I was about to throw a tantrum.

"Are you serious? I spent almost half an hour trying to find this place?" I said a little louder than I was supposed to.

Joshua looked at me with a weird face and leaned against the smooth counter. I looked around awkwardly. I wasn't used to going through strangers cabinets but I was desperate so I went for it.

"Make me something too." he ordered.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Aren't you the maid?" he asked with a smirk.

I looked at him and chuckled. I totally forgot about being his maid.

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly.

"Awe like that?" he said with a pout.

I rolled my eyes, and prepared each other a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with two glasses of milk. We sat there in the quiet sipping and chewing. It was so awkward for the poor girl to be sitting right next to the richest guy in town, but slowly I was adapting to it.