All is Fair in Love and War (Chapter 20)

Joshua's lips parted from mine and we both stood there frozen by his mothers cold presence. She just witnessed us kissing and she didn't like me from the start let alone the fact that I'm a maid. What would happen now?

"Joshua please tell me I just imagined this and that it wasn't true?" she sounded serious.

"Mother it's true I-" he began.

"Shut it! I don't want to hear it anymore. I gave you so much in life and this is how you repay me?" she yelled.

"Mother-"

"Joshua Turman you're a disgrace to our family! I should of never let you hire a stupid maid!" she continued.

"Mrs. Turman ple-" I tried to calm her down.

"You! You shouldn't even say a peep. I knew this would happen. Seducing my son like the slut you are, and you call yourself a woman. Hah! I can see where you resemble your mom a bit. Loving the money." she chuckled.

My heart pounded slowly, and I could see the room all blurry. I was about to cry. I couldn't hold myself back. How could those words be said so easily. I had always been a good girl. Never got into trouble, and how dare she bring my mother into this?

"What about my mother? She never did anything to you!" I yelled.

"Oh no? Oh wait, that's why you work here. To pay her debt of a 30 thousand dollars she stashed from us!" she grinned.

"My mother would never-" I began.

"If you think you'll get into my family, and get our money you're wrong sweet heart. If you don't pack your bags within the next 24 hours, I will make sure to bring you down with all my will and power." she glared at me and with that, walked out of the room.

I fell to the floor, and couldn't believe what I just heard. Joshua bent down and rubbed my back. He cupped my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes.

"We will get through this Cilia, we will! I like you, I do! I want us and everything in between." he said softly.

"Joshua, I can't. It's too much. I guess we weren't meant for each other. I'm a poor maid and you're the richest guy in town. It just doesn't match." I couldn't put a halt to my endless tears.

"Stop with the rich and poor thing! It pisses me off!" he yelled.

"Why? It's the truth and you didn't want to tell me about my mom because of this right?" I yelled back.

"Cilia..." he was speechless.

"Forget it, I know my mom isn't like that. I'll clear her name!" I assured Joshua.

He looked at me and hugged me tightly making me sob louder than expected. I felt his chest moving and realized that Joshua was actually sobbing with me. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

"Are you crying because of me Joshua?" I whispered.

I wiped his warm tears away and sealed my lips to his.

"I love you and nothing will take me away from you." I whispered while looking at his eyes.

"It's a promise." he hugged me tightly.

We both stood up and walked out of the room to see Jefferson holding a half empty tissue box.

"Why must you all be so beautiful?" he sniffed.

It brought us to a quiet laugh.

"Jefferson you sure are funny. Thanks." I fixed a small smile.

"Anything to brighten your day Miss. Louis." he smiled back.

"Alright I say we fix something to eat. I'm starving and we have to find out how were going to stop my evil mother and her schemes." he looked down at me.

I don't know what we would do or what would happen next but I was ready to face anything and every obstacle against Joshua and I. He's an arrogant rich guy who at first I thought I would never work out with but I ended up falling head over heels for such an individual. I was ready for battle.

A/N: Such a sweet and light funny touch to the ending to this chapter. Will Cilia and Joshua be able to overcome everything? Does Joshua's father have enough time to see his successful son getting married? What will Elizabeth think or say when she finds out Joshua has no intention of marrying her?