Cat Fight (Chapter 18)

I picked up all the fallen stuff on the floor and walked with Jefferson to the kitchen. I was putting them all away and told him to sit down.

"Miss. Louis...w-why?" he asked.

"I'm sorry Jefferson, I can no longer live here. People will get the wrong idea." I continued putting stuff away without looking at him.

"What do you mean get the wrong idea?" he asked.

I stopped what I was doing and set the canned goods on the counter.

"Jefferson. Joshua will be getting married soon, and having another woman in the house isn't a good idea. He already has a butler. That's all he needs." I said all in one breath.

"Y-you know about the wedding?" his eyes grew large.

"Yes Jefferson and I also know you're his grandfather." I said in a serious tone.

"B-but..Cilia.." he stood up.

"Jefferson, it doesn't matter anymore. I need to leave this house and soon." I looked at him in the eyes.

"Please how can I ever be sorry for lying to you and not telling you about my relation with Joshua?" he asked grabbing my hand.

"Tell me about my mothers debt to the Turman family." I said.

Jefferson looked surprised. He was about to faint as he got paler and paler. He was upset and I know it's because I said I would be leaving this house and we had become close.

"Cilia I can not tell you. About Joshua's reason for marrying Elizabeth..you must understand that he does not want to but his father-" he began.

"Yes. His father is dying and wants him to marry but Jefferson, I'm not invisible. He can marry me. He can have a wedding and if he truly likes me he can fight for me." I said.

Jefferson didn't know what to say. He was quiet and looked away from me. He let his hands run through his tired face.

"I'm sorry Jefferson but I wasn't even supposed to be in this house in the first place. I'm just a substitute for my mother." I stood there and then walked away to my room.

I wasn't angry at Jefferson for lying to me. He probably had his reason and I didn't care so much as I cared about Joshua getting married.

************

It was noon and Elizabeth came over with her family. A wedding dress designer accompanied them, and everyone was ready to see Elizabeth in the white dress sample. Joshua's eyes were glued on her just as I expected. Everyone commented as they chose over which dress would look better on the special day. I went over to deliver the snacks and drinks for all the guests when I saw Joshua glaring at me. I looked at him back but continued to the kitchen.

"Excuse me?"

"Huh? Yes?" I stood up from behind the counter where I was fixing the cracker box inside when I noticed who called out to me.

"We need more drinks." It was Elizabeth.

"Oh alright, I'll be right there." I assured her.

I heard her heels getting closer to me.

"Are you not going to congratulate me?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

She fake laughed and made a sign with her eyes regarding her white gown.

"Oh! The wedding! I'm sorry, yes congratulations." I said with a soft voice.

"Seems like you're not so excited. Would it be because I'm marrying the man you wish you had something with?" she glared at me with hate.

"W-what?" her words were cold.

"I won't let you get in the way of Joshua and I." she said all in a second.

"I-I" I began.

"What? Did not think about it? I'm sure you did. You can't even keep your eyes off him." she smirked.

"Listen I have no intention of being with Joshua. I-"

Before I could finish my sentence, cold juice covered my hair and face. Elizabeth had dumped her cup all over me. With a smile on her face, she looked all well satisfied.

"You-" I was speechless.

I couldn't hold myself back and flung at her angrily. She wasn't getting away with this one!

A/N: Uh-Oh guys! Things just got serious..what do you think is coming next? Who's side will Joshua take when he sees this? 

p.s- Looking foward to your feedbacks :D Thanks! - Saphire.