All Ends Well (Chapter 25 Final)

Before letting Jefferson speak I ran to the coat room and brought the box over.

"Jefferson please you've gotta tell me." I pleaded.

Joshua looked through the box and looked back at me.

"You're mother was a nice lady. She was young, pretty, and had a handsome boyfriend, but he was a gambler. He lost a bet and needed thousands of dollars, and so your mother had a focus on the Turman family because they were the richest in town. In order to help that man and herself, I believe she was pregnant with you, she came to work here, but stole more than 60,000 dollars. Joshua's mother found out and she had two choices, work the rest of her life as a maid, or turn herself in jail for committing a fraud." he explained it all so quickly and simple.

I was left in shock, and felt like crying. I never thought my mother was like this. Why did it come to this in her life? She was such a hard working woman. I understood now why people never wanted to talk about something so horrible. Did that mean I would have to work here for the rest of my life because of my mother?

"I'm sorry Cilia.." Jefferson put his hand on mine.

"No Jefferson it's fine." I said.

"I don't know what to say." He continued.

"You don't have to say anything Jefferson. Thank you so much. I have something to do today. I won't be coming till later." I said.

I ran to my room and changed clothes. I had an idea. I have to talk to Joshua's mom.

******************

I finally arrived at Joshua's building, and automatically spotted his mother.

"I need to talk to you." I said out of breath from running to her.

"Oh is that so? Follow me to my office." she gestured her hand.

We got to her room, and she leaned on her desk.

"Speak to me." she said in a serious tone.

"I've thought about all that you've told me, and nonetheless I'm going to protect my friend Sabrina from your plans." I said with utmost confidence.

"What are you trying to say?" she glared at me.

"I'm trying to say that I'm not giving up on Joshua." I said all in one breath.

Her eyes grew with anger and she slapped me just as Joshua entered the room.

"Mother?" Joshua said confused.

"Joshua? I-" his mother said nervously.

"How dare you touch Cilia?" he yelled.

"I- Joshua- It's for your own good. Why would you want to be with a girl like this? The daughter of a robber?" she pointed at me.

"I know my mom stole your money but I will work, just let me be with Joshua and take your threat back." I yelled.

"Threat? What threat?" Joshua looked from me to his mom.

"It's not of your business Joshua." she told him without taking her eyes off me.

"It is my business, tell me god damn it!" his face was red.

In that moment the phone rang. It was Joshua's father's hospital. His father was in his last minutes. We all ran in desperation. If Joshua's father died, Joshua would be devastated. We reached the hospital and entered the room.

"Darling.." Joshua's mother said grabbing his hand.

"Dad.." Joshua said leaning on the floor.

"My dear wife, and Joshua.." it was hard to speak.

"Joshua.." every time he'd pause I'd hear the machines in the background.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your wedding son..I'll always be by your side and watch over you." he said with a tear falling.

"Cmon dad don't say those things you'll be fine." he was choking on his own words.

"Darling.." he looked at his wife.

"Please be happy, and let Joshua marry whoever he wants. Don't make a fuss. I love you both very much and hate to see you fighting." he coughed.

"Anything hunny, anything. Please don't leave me." she cried.

It was the first time I had ever seen Joshua's mother with such a look on her face. She really loved him even if she was wicked at times.

Before we knew it, the line suddenly stopped taking pauses before a beep. Now it became a long beep. He had passed away. It seems like he gave all his strength to wait for his family. I cried because it reminded me of when my mother died.

"Joshua.." I began.

He took me in his arms and I felt his chest about to burst. His mom was on the floor, crying hysterically. That day was a complete mess.

****************

13 months later.

The day Joshua's father died, Joshua's mother declared that she was traveling to the country-side. She no longer found any reason to be here and decided she would become a nun. She didn't want to fall in love with anyone and decided she would never marry anymore. Her husband's death changed her like a chameleon changes colors. She didn't speak to me or tell me anything but I know she gave up and accepted me because she sent regards on a letter she sent Joshua after a month of her being gone. She said she would visit some time soon. As for Sabrina, she went back to Paris to study with her boyfriend. She calls me every weekend to talk about her life. Jefferson is not a butler anymore. He works at Joshua's company as the manager. My debt to the Turman family had been repaid ever since last month. Joshua and I moved into another house and now I was studying at a near by university. We didn't get married because I wasn't ready. We planned the marriage for when I graduated from medical school.

Life indeed has been hard but when you push forward and don't give up, you get results.

"Are you ready?" Joshua said.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

Joshua and I today were going to my mom's grave. I wanted to introduce Joshua to her. This wasn't the end, this is just the beginning of my journey in life.

Joshua got in the car and locked his hands with mine. We both smiled at each other, and with his free hand he cupped it on my face and kissed me deeply.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you more." I replied.

A/N: Hello Readers, I hope you liked this story and well keep sticking around because I'll be writing more stories sooner than later. Much thanks, Saphire. :)