A New Girl (Chapter 7)

I started hearing the birds outside chirping and singing. I raised my head and took a glance outside the window, the sun was already peaking and the sky was a mix of dark blue and baby blue. I looked back to see Joshua on his side, staring at me.

"Morning Cilia, sleep well?" he teased.

I had fallen asleep at the foot of his bed watching him all night just in case his fever escalated once more. He seemed to be alright though since he was teasing me already and it was only almost 6am. I rolled my eyes, and stretched as I stood up.

"How are you feeling?" I asked reaching for his forehead.

"Your tea actually worked." he said sitting up on the bed.

"Good, I guess I'm going to go and get ready to start my job as a maid." I said walking towards the door.

"No such thing, I say you go to your room and get some sleep, you've done a lot already." he said getting up.

"No it's-"

"Don't argue with me Cilia." he said.

I took his offer, and as I closed the door. I had a victory look in my face. I skipped to my room, and plopped down on my bed and quickly my eyes felt heavier than ever and in just seconds I was asleep again.

***************

I was awakened by a knock on my door. It was Jefferson. He opened the door slowly and walked to my bed.

"Why good afternoon Miss. Louis, you need to get ready we have a special evening today." he said.

"Special evening? What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Why it's almost 3pm my dear." he said checking his watch.

"3pm?!" I shouted.

I ran from my bed and across the room to my bathroom and in just a few minutes I was out and about with my uniform, and my bed was already made perfectly.

"Oh thank you Jefferson you didn't have to." I smiled.

"Oh nonsense, I thank you for taking such good care of master Joshua." he smiled back.

We both walked out of my room, and headed for the kitchen.

"Alright so today Joshua's parents are coming for dinner and we need to make this house spotless, make dinner, and fix the dining room for when they arrive." Jefferson said getting to it.

Jefferson handed me the cleaning supplies, and I began by cleaning the front entrance. I spent almost 3 hours cleaning the house not including the rooms which were left for tomorrow. Jefferson was almost done with dinner, and all we needed to do was decorate the dining room. After being done I put everything away in the supply closet that Jefferson showed me earlier and was attracted by the amazing aroma coming from the kitchen.

"Whoa Jefferson what are you cooking? It smells awesome." I said in awe.

"Stuffed Chicken, and mashed potatoes. It's one of Joshua's favorites." he said closing the oven.

"Do we get to eat that?" I asked in hope.

"Only after everyone has eaten and if there's anything left over." he said with a sigh.

"Are you serious? That sucks." I said all bummed out.

Jefferson nodded his head, and we heard Joshua come in through the door. It brought a little happiness to my soul because everyday it was just Jefferson and I in this huge mansion by ourselves doing chores. Joshua was always working, and his bodyguards were always with him.

"Hey, hows everything?" I ran to him.

"I don't have time to talk Cilia, I have to go get ready before my parents get home." he said coldly while giving Jefferson his coat, and his brief case.

He walked off and my smile slowly faded. What was his problem? He was cranky, and he was taking it out on me. Jefferson came back and instructed me to take a bath and use my other uniform. I ran to my room, and was running around almost falling on the floor but there was no time, and his parents would get here in a few. I quickly stopped and remembered what Joshua told me. He said his mother never paid attention to him but why would they come visit him? Was it all a lie?

I heard the door bell ring just as I was putting on my maid shoes, and ran to the front door.

"Good afternoon, and welcome to the Turman Residence, please, this way." I said opening the door.

Right in front of my eyes I saw a tall man who resembled Joshua very much, with brown hair brushed back. He had grey hairs here and there. I saw a blonde woman who was very attractive and slim. Her eyes were hazel like mine, but they seemed very intimidating.

"I know where I have to go." she said very coldly taking a step in the house with authorization.

I gulped and didn't say another word. What Joshua told me was more believable now. As they all come in, I see a young girl about my height, but she seemed older than me. She had beautiful long blonde hair, and sky blue eyes. I noticed her deep dimples when she smiled at me with her cherry red lips. Who was she? Jefferson never mentioned a sister.

A/N: Hmm..who do you think the blonde girl is? ;)