A New Beginning (Chapter 14)

Joshua's hand slid behind my knee and he pulled me to his lap and continued kissing me. His lips trailed my jawline and down my neck. My body felt warm and goosebumps trickled down my arms. I stopped him before it got serious.

"What's wrong?" Joshua asked me.

"Why are you kissing your employees and making them think that it's going to get somewhere?" I looked into his eyes.

"I don't know if it will go somewhere but I can't stop thinking about you Cilia. You're all I think about and no matter how many times I push you away and act cold towards you I can't help but think that I was so close to you that night my parents came and I didn't do anything about it." he explained.

"But I'm just a maid." My tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I don't care! You get my attention like no one else does." he said cleaning my tear away.

"How do I know you're not using me?" I asked.

He took me off his lap and stood up.

"I won't kiss, or touch you unless you ask me to." he claimed.

I looked up at him and into his eyes. He was serious. He wasn't playing. He did like me and I was glad but what now? What about Jefferson, his parents, and Elizabeth? What would they think or say if they found out about Joshua and I? I stood up to where Joshua was standing.

"Cilia it's late and I think you should go to bed, I'll lock up the house." he assured me.

I walked past him and we made ourselves in the house where every light was turned off. I looked around searching for the switch but I couldn't find it.

"Leave them out." Joshua said.

He pulled me in close and kissed me again.

"I thought you said you wouldn't kiss me or touch me unless I told you to." I reminded him.

"I'm sorry I got carried away." he said pulling my face for the last time.

I couldn't get enough of his kisses either but it felt wrong to kiss him in private like this and I wanted to make sure he wasn't using me. I pulled away and speed walked to my room.

"Oh my God.." I whispered touching my lips.

I was against the door in my room. I looked to my bed and threw myself on it.

"I can't believe this happened." I closed my eyes.

I started twisting, turning and kicking my legs. I couldn't stop smiling and my face was probably as red as ever. I pulled the pillow over my face and took a deep breath in. His parents came into thought and so did Elizabeth. How would we let them know. I drifted off in my thoughts and fell asleep quickly.

***************

"Miss. Louis?" Jefferson came in the kitchen in the morning.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I'm afraid I saw something I shouldn't have last night." he smirked.

"Oh my-" I covered my mouth and let the fork hit the plate of pancakes I was eating.

Jefferson laughed, and cleared one eye as if to say he cried of laughter. This old man was actually playing games with me. Though something did happen last night, and I wondered if he was actually serious.

"Jefferson I-"

"No worries, your secret is safe with me but I'm guessing now that gap in your heart has been filled." he laughed again.

"Is that what you meant last night in our conversation?" I asked.

"Oh Cilia dear, you're so dense." he couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh Jefferson that is so low." I said pointing the fork at him.

"I'm happy for you Cilia dear, I always wanted a young person with a good heart like yours to open young master Joshua up a bit, but how will you make it work between his family? They're very strict on who he dates and specially his sneaky mother." he explained.

"I don't know Jefferson, I don't know." I looked far out into the the wall. I was in deep thought.