Being With You is The Best Feeling (Chapter 24)

Inside this small box were documents of when my mom used to work here. Her resume, her status, her bank information. All the way at the end I saw a waiver-like paper. I picked it up and read the top headline: "Contract". This was a contract and as I kept reading it was about those thousands of dollars she stole from the Turman's. I was in shock. What would my mom need that money for? The letter said that under any circumstances she must work for this family until her debt has been repaid. This was ensued when I wasn't even born yet.

"What is this mom? Why? I thought you weren't the person to do this." I covered my mouth and cried.

I heard a click from the living room and put all the papers together and into the box.

"Hey you're not asleep yet?" It was Joshua.

"I came to put your suit in the coat closet. Did you need anything?" I asked nervously.

"Um..no I just came for some water. Were you crying?" he squinted his eyes.

It was dark, but my eyes glistened anyway.

"Just go to bed Cilia." he sighed and pulled me into a soft warm hug.

"I'm not tired." I whispered.

"Fine then just go up there and wait for me." he gave me a small smile.

I walked up the stairs thinking about the documents back there. Why would my mom need so much money? I decided I would take the documents out and ask Jefferson since he'd been working here for a long time. After all, I have the permission to. It's my mother we're talking about here.

"So.." Joshua came in.

"What?" I asked softly.

"I'm going to stay here for the night." he smiled.

"S-stay? Why?" I stuttered dumbly.

"Because you can't sleep." he chuckled.

"B-but-" I began.

"I won't touch you. Just lay down and go to sleep." he sat on my bed.

I looked at him for a few seconds, and rested my head on the pillow with the blankets up to my chin. Now I regretted wearing my short sleeping shorts. Joshua got under the covers but he wasn't fully laying down. He sat up with his back to the back-board of the bed.

"Come here." he gestured.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

He pulled me into him and pushed my head down on his arm. I understood now what he was trying to do. Joshua was trying to comfort me, and amazingly I didn't feel awkward. I liked this. I wish I could put the moment on pause and stay like this forever. I put my arm around his waist.

"Why didn't you do this earlier?" I whispered.

"You would probably kill me." he laughed lightly.

I laughed softly and closed my eyes.

"Thank you Joshua." I said.

"Just sleep." he whispered.

*****************

The next morning we both fell asleep. It was 9am, Joshua was practically on the floor, and I was all over the place. What a way to start the morning.

"Joshua?" I said in a low voice.

"Hmm?" he opened his eyes slowly.

"We woke up late." I said.

"What time is it?" he asked squinting from the sun on his face.

"9am." I checked my phone.

"What?!" he got up quickly only to be slowed down by the pain that suddenly rushed to his neck.

"Are you okay?" I said worriedly.

"Yeah totally fine. If we're ever sleeping together in the future I will have to put something in the middle so you won't push me over." He joked seriously.

"I'm sorry." I broke into a smile.

Joshua and I might have not done anything but it was still special. We slept together and for the first time in months I slept like a baby. Joshua ran out the door. He was late for work, and I still had to do chores. Jefferson must of already been mowing the lawn or something while I still needed to do the cleaning, and washing.

*****************

Joshua left through the door without any breakfast or even a goodbye. I walked to the kitchen in my uniform and opened the fridge to grab some orange juice. When I closed the door, it was Jefferson standing there with a grin on his face, and mischievous eyes. He was doing that move that the bad guys do in horror movies, of opening the refrigerator and when you close it they're right there.

"Jefferson you almost gave me a heart attack!" I touched my chest.

"Miss. Louis you're awfully suspicious." His grin wouldn't go away.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You had fun last night didn't you? Master Joshua wasn't in his room this morning, and both of you fell asleep." he moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Oh Jefferson! Nothing happened!" I complained.

"Oh that's what they all say." He broke into laughter.

I groaned and poured the juice on a mug.

"Oh! Jefferson I need to ask you about when mother started working here." I told him.

Jefferson's face went from laughter, to clearing his throat and getting serious. What was it that no one wanted to speak of?