After Party (Chapter 13)

"Miss. Louis what's wrong?" Jefferson asked taking a seat next to me.

"N-nothing." I said but he could tell by my weary voice that I was crying.

"Oh Cilia darling." he said looking to the pool and resting a hand on my back.

My head shot up at how he said my name for the first time ever.

"Cilia, talk to me." he said looking at me.

"Jefferson.." I cried and hugged him.

"Oh it's okay Cilia, please don't cry on your birthday." he patted my head.

"Jefferson why is my life so tragic?" I said sniffing.

"You miss your mother so dearly don't you?" he looked up.

"Yes. I'm so alone, I wish she was here." I cried more.

"Oh that's not true Cilia, I'm here for you. I may not be blood related to you but you can treat me as a grandfather." he smiled.

"Thank you Jefferson." I hugged him tighter.

"That's not all though Cilia, I know something else is filling up a small gap in your heart." he said.

I backed away and looked at him confused.

"Your little heart is half broken by the man you can't be with." he softly poked my chest where my heart is.

My eyes went wide and I looked at him with watery red eyes.

"Jefferson that's nonse-" I began.

"Oh it is not Cilia. I'm not 63 years old for nothing. I know things." he smiled.

"You're right. I feel attached to something that will never happen." I looked to the garden.

"I wouldn't say that, now." he looked at the garden too.

"Why? What does that mean?" I asked.

"I don't know, you tell me." he smiled and looked at me mischievously.

Jefferson was such a confusing old man. He stood up to leave and told me it was time for bed but I told him I'd stay out here longer and lock up the house when I was done but I guess I stayed for longer than I intended because I fell asleep and woke up to see someone next to me.

"Had a good sleep?" It was Joshua.

I stood up fast and looked at him like he was from another planet.

"What are you doing here?" I asked rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't asleep and seeing things.

"It's my house?" he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Very funny, if you're going to be an asshole then I'll leave to my room now." I got up but he pulled me back to my chair.

I looked at him and averted my eyes away.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" he said looking at me.

"You don't care and it's none of your business." I shot at him.

"I do care. I care about all my employees birthdays." he replied.

"Can I go now?" I asked.

"Why? Are you trying to avoid me?" he sounded like he was picking a fight.

"Why do you do this to me?" I felt my tears rising up.

"Do what? What did I do? Thing is ever since you came it's been hell and it's been crazy!" he said.

"Then throw me out!" I yelled.

"I can't." he looked out.

"Why can't you? huh?" I said letting the tears fall on my face.

His eyes observed me, and in just milliseconds he pulled my face into his letting our lips collide together.

"You're my maid." he said taking a breath and looking down at my lips.

He ran his broad hand through my hair, and kissed me hungrily. I was shocked and couldn't move so I played along. His lips tasted like mint gum. Probably from chewing gum earlier, and his hands wrapped around my waist like my sheets do every night.