Paying A Visit (Chapter 21)

I did my daily chores, while Jefferson took a small break from everything today. The poor old man needed it. I was practically the only one in the house because Jefferson was in his room, and Joshua was at the office. I went to put all the cleaning products in the supply closet when I received a phone call. It was a number I didn't recognized.

"Hello?" I answered hesitantly.

"Hey I'm sorry to call you from such a weird number, it's the office telephone." Joshua said.

"It's fine, what's up?" I smiled to myself.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner after work." he chuckled.

"Really?" My cheeks felt like fire was running through them.

"Yeah, unfortunately I won't finish for another hour so.." he trailed off.

"Oh no it's fine, that gives me time to get ready." I pointed out.

"Alright then I'll be home at 7pm." he said.

"Okay see you then." I hung up.

The first that popped into my head was to surprise him there. I decided to scurry off to the shower. When I got out I slipped into my jeans and royal blue blouse, and curled the edges of my hair a bit. I ran down the stairs with my bag and left a note for Jefferson just in case later on he wondered where I was. I walked a little till I saw the bus stop. Luckily the next stop was in 3 minutes. I was a little confused when I got to the building because I had never been there before. I went to the main desk.

"Um, hi where is Joshua Turman's office?" I asked politely.

"It's on the 20th floor. It's the only door there." the lady replied with a smile.

"Thank you so much." I smiled back.

I quickly got on the elevator. I froze on my steps when I saw who was already in there. It was Joshua's mother. I forgot she also worked here.

"Why are you here?" she asked coldly.

"I-I-" I didn't get to finish.

I trailed off when she stopped the elevator. I was paranoid because we were stuck on the 3rd floor and from all those horror movies, the elevator always fell in moments like this. I went to press the red button again to continue going to the 20th floor but she blocked me.

"Listen to me well Louis, and listen to me good. I told you to move out the house within the 24 hours but it seems you have wiped my words away from your memory. I will stop at nothing to separate you from Joshua. How about this? Since I'm such a nice person, I'll give you until tomorrow to leave." she grinned.

"Mrs. Turman please, why can't-"

"I don't have time for a wench like you to answer back to me. I'll let go of the debt your mother owes to us if you leave." she proposed.

"I can't do that." I declared.

"And why not?" she got serious.

"Because I love Joshua. I don't care if I have to continue working there." I said.

"Insolent girl! I think it'd be fun to mess with the only friend you have hm?" she looked at me with devilish eyes.

"Leave Sabrina alone!" I yelled.

"Oh Sabrina is her name?" she smirked.

I wanted to hit myself hard for being tricked by her and revealing Sabrina.

"Please don't do anything to her. She doesn't even know what's going on. Don't mess with my friend." I pleaded.

"Then leave Joshua's side quickly. You don't belong next to him, you guys don't match. It just wasn't meant to be. Some things in life have to be dealt with." she reached and grabbed a lock of my hair.

My tears were coming up but I tried not to cry. This lady was crazy and would stop at nothing to see me far away from Joshua. What was I going to do? She was going to mess with Sabrina if I didn't listen to her, and Sabrina was like a sister to me.

"Fine. I'll do it but you promise you won't touch a hair on Sabrina!" I gritted my teeth.

"Deal, and if you say a word of this to Joshua or anyone, deal is over." she smiled.

I glared at her and she opened the elevator. She got off on the fourth floor. When she left the elevator I felt like 500 pounds had been lifted off my shoulders but they suddenly came back as soon as I thought about having to leave Joshua. I loved him. I didn't want to leave the house or leave Jefferson either. They were like family now. I wanted to cry but soon I got to the 20th floor. I had to hold them back for some other time. I went to knock on the door when suddenly it opened without me even touching it.

"Cilia?" Joshua asked surprised.

"Joshua." I looked at him in the eyes.