Prologue

(Order of the Phoenix Year)

Prologue
Kat's POV:

"Well you've seen the entire house now. What do you think?"

"Mom, I think you've lost it buying something this big just for me."

"Well sweetie we figured we would need the extra rooms for your friends when they visit and for us of course when we visit."

"It's perfect then mom. Thank you."

I hug my mom as we end up back in the living room, sitting on the new couch that my dad and cousin just moved in. We've been moving furniture in for the past two days, but I hadn't seen the whole house until just now. I now live in 7 Grimmauld Place, and the Order of the Phoenix headquarters is 12 Grimmauld Place. So that's coincidently perfect really.

My family will be here until the end of the week, and then they are headed back home. I am meant to stop by headquarters before leaving for Bulgaria to speak with Dumbledore the day after they leave. I also need to send George a letter before I leave, just in case.

"So we'll have everything for you tonight no worries."

"I'm sorry mom, what were you saying?"

"Day-dreaming about your ginger again I bet."

"Mom!"

"I'm just teasing you dear. I was saying that we have some blood for you tonight for the new moon, and we've managed to set it up where you won't have to go hunting in between full moons if you don't want to. So that's all taken care of."

"Oh, uh thanks."

"So George was really ok with...everything?"

"Mom, he's been hunting with me the last five or six moons. I'd say he's more than ok with everything."

"I'm glad honey, you deserve to be happy and live a little."

I force myself to smile at her words as she stands up and starts rearranging some of the smaller stuff in the room. She'll keep doing that until they leave so I don't bother trying to stop her or contain. Her words echo in my ears though as I watch her.

If only she knew what I was actually going to do this summer. Live a little huh? I just hope that I survive this summer, then I'll live as much as they want me too.