Chapter 33

Kat's POV:

*********************DECEMBER*****************************

"Kat! Wait up!" (Scar)

I turn and see Scar running towards me across the snow covered courtyard, and I'm honestly surprised that she doesn't bust it. She reaches my side breathing heavily but the giant smile across her face never leaves. She's clutching a letter in her hand and I can only imagine what it says as I begin to smile as well.

"Donovan....Donovan is coming home with me for the holidays. He got off work for the whole month, and said he didn't give a dragon's....well you know that my parents were muggles. Isn't it great?!?" (S)

"It is, I'm really happy for you." (K)

Scar must have noticed something about the strain on my smile as we began walking back to the castle. I am happy for her really. It's just the fact that George not only forgot about our one year anniversary but hasn't even mentioned what we'll be doing at Christmas, if anything at all, that has me a bit bummed out really.

"I'm guessing that he never said anything about one year?" (S)

"No, but you know we've both been so busy we wouldn't have had time for anything anyway I suppose." (K)

"And the holidays?" (S)

"I'm going to the house in London I suppose. I may spend it with Remus and a few others at headquarters." (K)

"Oh Kat I'm sorry, maybe he has a big surprise planned for Christmas though?" (S)

I can't help the shrug I give her as we walk towards the common room to warm up before diving headfirst into homework. I felt drained sooner than earlier and know it's because of the full moon next week. Yippee. I excuse myself from the homework pile early and wave goodnight to Scar, wondering where the boys are right now all while getting annoyed that I don't even see him in passing as much.

I vamp out as I make it to my room and begin to fall asleep on top of the sheets before I even change into pjs. I've only been vamping out on rare occasions in the common room, and it looks like this will be the full moon where the lack of vamping out finally catches up. I feel my eyes close as I think about George again and I hate that I'm not with him right now instead of alone.

Scar's POV:

I watched as Kat practically stumbled her way up the stairs before I slammed my book shut and walked up the boy's stairs. I made it to their room and threw open the door to find all three of them working on a pile of yellow candies. They all jumped when their door hit the wall and then relaxed when they saw it was me.

"Whew...had us worried there you did Scar. Thought you was Hermione or McGonagall or someone." (F)

"You might wish it was one of them before I get through with you. George Weasley how dare you!" (S)

"What the bloody hell did I do?" (G)

"I'll tell you what you did. You let all this joke shop success and inventions make you forget about a certain someone in your life." (S)

"What? Kitty? I haven't forgotten about her, we have dinner together when we can and we talk before classes almost every day when we can." (G)

"Oh really, haven't forgotten about her. What's she doing for Christmas then?"

"She.....well we.....I haven't asked her yet." (G)

"And how was y'alls one year anniversary?" (S)

I watch as his eyes get big while Fred and Lee both look at him in a mixture of amusement, surprise, and in Fred's eyes even anger. He looks away from me and mutters something about how he was so busy he had 'forgotten' about their anniversary, even though it's on Halloween. So how did he forget that? I mean Halloween is only one our biggest holidays.

"You stupid git, after everything that happened this summer and the trouble the toad has been giving her in class this term if she even breathes too loudly, and taking away her right to get blood on the half and new moons, and you forget that?!?" (F)

"Perhaps George, you should begin to sort out where your priorities lie. Goodnight Lee, Fred. George." (S)

I slam the door again on the way out and smirk feeling that the message was well delivered. I'm still smiling when I walk back into the common room and pack up the books that I had left down here. I'm halfway up the stairs to the room when Ginny collides with me halfway and the look on her face is enough to wipe the smile off of mine.

"Oh Scar, come quick it's Kat!" (Gin)

I run after her as she runs up the stairs and I see what she meant when we get to our room. Lying on her bed, crying out and flinching every few minutes is Kat. I rush over ad start trying to wake her, but I know that even when I wake her the only way she'll get any sleep tonight is in George's arms. I may be mad at him, and she may be too even if she refuses to acknowledge it, but she's told me too many times how safe she feels in his arms and how easy it is for her to fall asleep.

"KAT! KATHERINE! WAKE UP!" (S)

I watch as her eyes finally shoot open, completely silver and filled with panic, as she sits up on the bed looking wildly around the room. I know she's trying to remind herself where she is but it's taking longer than usual.

"Ginny, run up to your brother and tell him to meet us in the common room, just tell briefly what happened." (S)

Ginny runs out of the room just as Kat looks at me again. She opens her mouth to say something but stops mid-word. I notice the way she's hugging her knees to her chest and I hold out my hand for her to take as I help her stand. Her knees are wobbling some but we slowly make our way downstairs where Ginny is standing with a nervous looking George. I go to say something but before I can he scoops her up in his arms and carries upstairs to his room.

"Well let's hope he helps her get back to sleep tonight. I can say this about your brother, he may be a stupid git at times but he's always there when she really needs him I suppose." (S)