Chapter 42

Kat's POV:

I slam my head backwards into the face of the Slytherin that's holding onto me, just as Ginny kicks hers in the....well the balls, and Ron somehow gets out of the grip of the one holding him. Ron and I stun a few of the dumber and slower Slytherins, while Neville performs a near flawless Impediment Jinx, Luna a disarming spell, but it is Ginny who is the real hero today for hitting Malfoy directly in the face with a bat-bogey hex. I'm so proud of her for that right now.

After we made sure everyone had their wands back, and that we grabbed Harry's and Hermione's wands, we quickly made our way down the staircase and out the doors to the Forbidden Forest. I sniff the air as we run a bit aimlessly through the trees but then I smell Hermione and Harry nearby.

"Ron! Everyone! This way follow me!" (K)

A few feet later we come across them just as Hermione asks Harry how they were supposed to get to London anyway, especially without wands. Ron walks out from behind me and surprises them both, as well as telling them of what I believe to be a most excellent escape on our part. Though I won't lie, I wish I had another blood pop right now that's for sure because I feel a bit like death warmed over.

I can't help but laugh a bit and smile with happiness when Harry says that Umbridge was carried off by the centaurs. Oh I can only hope it was one of the fiercer ones that have her right now, like Bane or Jiake, that would surely serve her right. I'm distracted from my happiness by Luna's suggestion to fly to London and I wonder what she's talking about until I realize she must mean the thestrals.

"Okay, first of all, we aren't doing anything if you're including yourself in that, and second of all, Ron's the only one with a broomstick that isn't being guarded by a security troll—" (H)

I watch as everyone in the group starts defending the reason of why they've got to come with Harry. I stay quiet for a few moments, knowing that I'm going no matter what. I'm an Order member before a member of the D.A., but Harry will still need me there. I watch as Luna, still smiling a bit dreamily looks back at Harry.

"They're right." (L)

"Harry you don't have much of a choice right now. You know I'm coming no matter what. I'm an Order member and if any harm could come to you while I could have prevented it, I wouldn't forgive myself. I'm going to be there fighting with you." (K)

I watch the next little spout happen between the six of them as Harry tries to tell them to stay here, all while arguing about the number of thestrals that we'll need. Not that it will matter much, because like Ginny said both of them are covered in Grawp's blood which though it smells like dung to me apparently smells pretty good to the thestrals.

Finally everyone is on a thetrals and we take off for the Ministry of Magic, a place I've only been to twice and somewhere I was hoping I wouldn't have to go ever again. I look behind me very once and a while to make sure that the people who can't see the thestrals are still seated on them. I'm not too worried though, Hagrid has these well trained and if someone was to fall off I feel certain they would dive down to catch them. I won't be trying that theory though just in case I'm wrong.

Even during an emergency, we are given visitor badges that state our names and our purpose of rescue mission. That is what is wrong with the ministry now, things like this when there is a life literally hanging in the balance. I mean really. I take the badge as they hand it back and we descend into the ministry.

We rush past the fountain and the security booth and I begin to realize that something is wrong. I wish now more than ever that I could produce a corporeal patronus so I could send it to get help from Tonks or Kingsley. Anyone in the Order right now. I follow behind the others, feeling the drain of not having enough blood the last few months. I decide that the risk I am to them is worth it though as I vamp out, especially if it means that I can better protect them.

We reach the first room and the problem of which door we're looking for begins. I look at Harry's thoughts and see the same image he's trying to describe to the others before even I fully understand what he means by shimmering room. The first room had brains floating in a tank, though I have no idea why. The second had a large stone pit with a stone archway and from behind the archway I could hear whispers, some of which new my name.

I took a few deep breaths and tried to stay calm as the voices started talking to me, as if they knew everything about me already. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Neville looking at me worryingly, and I realize I was kneeling on the floor. I shook my head at him and he helped me up, just as Hermione got Harry to remember Sirius. Seems I wasn't the only one that heard the voices from behind the veil.

After another door refused to open at all, we found the room that Harry talked about. We follow quickly and quietly down the rows until we reach row 97. It's only when we reach the end of the row and Harry continues to search for Sirius when I realize that his scent isn't anywhere near here. Sirius has never been here, and just as I come to that conclusion so too does Hermione.

"I.....I don't think Sirius is here." (Her.)

"She's right Harry. His scent it isn't here." (K)

A few minutes pass by in silence until Ron calls out to Harry about something with his name on it and I freeze. I know that in this room there can be only one thing with Harry's name on it, and that's the prophecy that Voldemort is after. Before I race to stop him from touching it he grabs it from the shelf rather foolishly. I smelled them coming before they arrived around us and I couldn't get a warning to the others before they started to step forward from the shadows.

"Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me." (Lucius Malfoy)

I watch as the Death Eaters draw closer to us, circling around us like a lion circles it's prey. I watch as Neville tenses even further when Bellatrix Lestrange steps from the shadows and begins to mock Harry after pulling off her mask. Malfoy continues to demand the prophecy in return for us to leave safely. Bellatrix decides it best to threaten Ginny as example as why we should give it to them. I let out a long hiss at the Death Eaters as I vamp out and Ginny was pulled behind us and inbetween us.

"Oooh so you're the new little vampire toy that Dumbledore got are you? Well we can have plenty of fun with you too no worry hahahahaha." (Bellatrix)

"You'll have to smash this if you want to attack any of us. I don't think your boss will be too pleased if you come back without it, will he?" (H)

I watch as Harry stops Bellatrix in her tracts but I continue to watch the Death Eaters, and get a scent for future references, as they stand around us. Malfoy begins to tell harry what the prophecy pertains to, when Harry whispers to Hermione to smash the shelves. I pause for a moment, questioning what that will accomplish when I realize that all the mist and voices from the vials may help us get away. I give the slightest nod to Hermione when she turns to me, letting her know I heard it before she passes it on to Neville and Ginny.

"NOW!" (H)

"REDUCTO!" (Everyone.)

The shelves, vials, and entire structures began to shake, explode, and fall apart just as Harry yelled run. I lose sight of Harry, Hermione, and Neville as I stick close with Luna, Ron, and Ginny. We made it to a room with....with the planets in it. We were trying to get across to the other side where we could see a door, though the lack of gravity was making it a bit difficult.

I heard voices shouting behind us and turned and saw four Death Eaters chase after us. I shoved the others ahead of me, causing me to float closer to the Death Eaters. I saw one grab Ginny by the ankle, while Ron got hit by something, but it didn't kill him. Luna blew up what looked like Pluto, and I watched as she drug Ron and Ginny out of the room. She reached the door and looked back at me, but I shouted at her to go. I felt a stunning spell hit me but it did nothing to me since I'm vamped out, nothing except sting and make me mad a bit. I shoot one back and hit him in the chest, while the other one tries to float quickly back out the first door.

I follow as quickly as I can and I reach the door a few seconds after he goes through it. I only make it a few feet before I'm grabbed from behind, my hair wrenched tightly in someone's hand as he laughs in a low harsh whisper of a voice.