Chapter 23

George's POV:

I wrap my arms around Katherine as we stand against the wall of the kitchen, and she chats with Tonks. Mum has a banner hanging up celebrating Ron and I suppose Hermione becoming prefects. Poor git may think we won't still cause trouble because he's out brother, but it's never stopped us before. If anything it just makes the trouble we cause more entertaining for us because our dear brother will have to deal with it all.

I smile into Kitty's hair as she leans closer into my chest, all while I think about our time upstairs a few minutes ago. I hate it ended as early as it did but I'm thankful that Fred didn't come barging or apparating back in as he sometimes does. I'm thankful he knocked this time instead because as we were snogging our shirts ended up on the ground and her fangs ended up coming out.

I was worried that she would freeze and pull away from me when she vamped out, but as she smiled at me she didn't pull away she just became a bit more reserved. I told her to bite me if she needed to or wanted to, and surprisingly she did in the exact same spot as before. I guess maybe it's easier to hit the same spot than it seems. I watched as her eyes turned from the same color brown as mine back to the stunning silver as she smiled at me, the red that she hated so much disappearing completely. I loved the feeling of her curls in my hand as I looked at her.

We snogged a bit longer and her shirt followed mine on the ground and I was left staring at her perfectly sculpted body and a bright silver and blue bra. I smirked a bit at that as she watched me, blushing as my eyes roamed over her body. I let my eyes go down further on her body and they froze as I saw the scars she mentioned to me earlier this summer. Three long claw marks that make their way across her stomach and around towards her back before they end. I trace them with my fingers as gently as I can, even though I know that they are long healed, before I start laying kisses across them.

I feel her run her hands through my hair and across my shoulders as I kiss the scars. I had just started to kiss my way up her body when a knock at the door made both of us jump slightly. I watched as she blushed a bit as I handed her shirt to her. Fred meanwhile was telling us we had three minutes to come downstairs before mum came up after us. We were both dressed and walking out the door in a matter of seconds. Fred was leaning against the wall as we walked out of the room, smirking at us.

"Hmmm looks like you two had a pleasant afternoon. Kat might want to put your hair up, since it seems Georgie here has messed it up beyond repair."

I expected Kat to blush or hide her face but she simply laughed at Fred and agreed with him as she took a hair ribbon thing from her wrist and put her hair into a pony tail. I grab her hand as we walk down the stairs with Fred smirking next to me as we walked into the kitchen. I saw dad give us a wink as we walked in, and I can only be thankful that mum has little Ronnie and his prefect badge to keep her attention off of where Kat and I had been.

I mean the giant banner reading "Congratulations Ron and Hermione-New Prefects" was annoying enough, but her fussing was ridiculous. Sirius, Tonks, Lupin, Kingsley, Mad-Eye, and Bill and Dad were all going to be in attendance tonight for the party. As well as Mundungus, who better have the supplies that Fred and I wanted him to find. I move around Kat and take her hand as Mad-Eye walks in and eyes us with both eyes. The fact he can see through walls with that eye makes me a bit uncomfortable honestly. I mean the old cotter could be watching me and Kat snog and tell mum for all we know.

"Oh, Alastor, I am glad you're here. We've been wanting to ask you for ages-could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's inside it?"

I stop listening to mum for a sec as Kat tenses next to me a bit. I watch her face as she looks concerned for a moment as we both listen to Mad-Eye tell mum it's just a boggart. That's one hell of a bloody boggart that's for sure. I squeeze Kat's hand and watch as she smiles at me, the worry slowing disappearing from her face as she talks with Tonks some more. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek as she goes to sit at the table with her. I see Fred wave me over to the corner just as Mundungus arrives.

"Well Dung, you get em?" (F)

"Oh aye I got em aight. Jus as you ordered, venomous tentacula seeds."

I watch as Harry suddenly walks towards us and Dung shuts up quicker than a sinner in church. Fred and I both wave him over while Fred tells Dung to trust Harry. After all he is the one responsible for the funds we have to open the joke shop in the first place.

"Look what Dung's gotten us. Venomous tentacula seeds. We need them for the Skiving Snackboxes but they're a Class C Non-tradeable Substance so we've been having a bit of trouble getting hold of them." (G)

"Ten Galleons the lot, then, Dung?" (F)

"Wiv all the trouble I went to go get em? I'm sorry, lads, but I'm not taking a Knut under twenty."

Fred and I begin to haggle before Harry points out that Mad-Eye could be watching us with his magical eye. Blimey, as much as I worry on him warning mum about what Kitty and I are up to, I completely forgot about him watching our dealing with Dung. Dung must have forgot too because as soon Harry said this he gave us the seeds for ten no problem. Fred and I fill our hands with the seeds and start upstairs before mum actually notices.

I do notice a look from Kitty as we leave but I think it's more to do with the fact that we're working with Dung rather than what we're buying. I never did find out why she dislikes him so much, well more than most people who meet him I suppose. Guess I'll have something to ask her later tonight. Fred and I hide the seeds in our trunks before making our way back downstairs to the 'prefect's party.' I walk up and sit down next to Kitty who's arguing playfully it seems with Tonks.

"You'll see, and soon I wouldn't wonder." (T)

"Tonks! Shhhh!" (K)

"What are you two up to?" (G)

"Nothing!" (K&T)

"School, boring stuff you know." (K)

"Alright, if you say so." (G)

I know that's probably the last thing they were talking about, but the fact that Tonks had her laughing and blushing as much as her old self is all that matters. She's just beginning to act like this summer never happened, and that's what I hope can happen. She deserves to be able to forget this summer forever. I wrap my arm around her shoulders as we start eating, and I realize that I couldn't be happier, even if mum is making us go back to Hogwarts and finish.