Chapter 16

Chapter 16
George's POV:

I had followed Fred out of our room, but not willingly. I didn't want her to wake up alone, and if she started having a nightmare I wanted to be there to wake her from it. But I also wanted to find out what happened to my love. I stood outside our door and waited for Fred to tell me what he found out but he was hesitating and looking at the floor. He only does that when he's nervous about something. I grow impatient as he keeps me standing there for a few minutes.

"Well, Fred spit it out already."

"George it's........I'm not sure how to start it mate but a Death Eater visited the clan before Kat and Aleric made it there."

"Was she attacked by the Death Eater?"

"No, she wasn't attacked by the Death Eater per say. The clan was holding him as a prisoner and a.......a food source."

"What happened to Kat then?"

"She was......well she wasn't exactly welcomed as a half-vamp was she? She was offered the same treatment he was getting, or they could turn her, or she could...she would have to...."

"Fred what happened?!?"

"She had to feed from him and her eyes changed to red just like the other vampire clan."

I don't move as I realize now why she was so upset the other night, when Remus was talking to her. She thinks she's a monster because her eyes changed to red, just like a normal vampire. That was her fear when her eyes had changed color after biting me last term. Of course she's upset about it. I feel Fred pat my shoulder and I look at him only to realize that I'm now leaning against the wall.

"It's fine George, so it means she's had human blood. Doesn't matter that much does it?"

I can't help but scoff some at that before letting out a sharp bitter laugh because I know just how much it does matter to her, but not for the reason he thinks. I never told him about that night last term and that it isn't her first time having human blood. I stand up straight against the wall as I pull my shirt neck down away from the two fang marks that Katherine left on my shoulder last term. He looks at them with a bit of a shocked look before smirking some at me.

"Well, guess you two had a hot night one night."

"Not the way you think, we were only-"

"GEROGE WEASLEY! What is that on your neck?!?"

"Bloody hell you're in for it now." (F)

"Mum, it isn't what it looks like I swear."

"Isn't what it looks like?!? It looks like a bite mark from your girlfriend! Whom, may I remind you, you said was perfectly safe to be around. Is biting you really a safe habit?!?"

"Mum please stop yelling she's asle-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence because all too suddenly Katherine is rushing past us into the hallway. I shout out a barrier spell to keep her from running down the stairs, and I've never been happier to have her wand in my back pocket so she can't run away as easily. I shove my way past mum just as Kat darts into a side room and shuts the door behind her and locks it. I don't unlock it with magic, I know that she needs a minute to calm down. I hear mum yelling in the kitchen now instead and I head down to face her wrath before trying to talk to Kitty.

"Hullo there George, seems you've upset Molly again."

"Hullo Tonks, seems that I have but she won't give me the chance to explain."

"EXPLAIN? Alright! Fine. George please explain to me why you have fang marks on your shoulder."

"Katherine and I were snogging last term and things got a little carried away and one thing led to another. It was no big deal, she didn't drink much if any. You're the one overreacting."

I watch as mum's eyes get as big as saucers, with her mouth open wide in shock, as she looks at me and then turns on my dad. I'm surprised he isn't at work but I suppose it's because of the meeting this morning. He shoots me a small smile and wink before turning back to mum and guiding her to the kitchen to talk. I hear a few snickers at the table and see Ron with the O'Larry twins. Hermione and Ginny are both slightly pink and hiding a giggle behind their hands as they look at me. Fred is just smirking.

"Eh, she never told us bout tha did she Mike?"

"Nay, never."

Everyone has another laugh except Tonks, who just pats me on the shoulder a bit as she bites back a smile. I shake my head as I hear mum and dad talking in hushed strained whispers in the kitchen. I don't envy him right now that's for sure. Now if I could just get Katherine to listen to me, like dad is getting mum to listen to him. I guess that means me talking and apologizing to the door until she lets me in. I turn to head back upstairs but before I make it to the staircase I hear her scream and before I know it I'm apparating up the stairs outside the locked door.

"Katherine! I'm coming in whether you want me to or not."

I unlocked the door with my wand as I charge into the room and I stop as I see that half the room dark as night. I hear Katherine in a corner of the darkened side of the room and I make my way towards her with my wand out just as I hear her scream again and hear her....talking to herself? I run through the dark, shouting lumos as I do, and I see what made her scream. There are bodies all on the floor. Bodies of our friends, my family, and hers. All covered in blood and lying lifeless on the hardwood floor. I rush towards her faster as I shout out for help, hoping someone else gets up here to help me with this, whatever this is.