Chapter 26

George's POV:

Fred and I had just hung up another flyer with the advertisement in the common room after our first one disappeared, probably thanks to Hermione. They were advertisements to get more students to be willing....testers for our new products. We were just about to sit down at the table for some breakfast, when we overheard Ron talking about us.

"I wish Fred and George'd hurry up and get those Skiving Snackboxes sorted....." (R)

"Do mine ears deceive me? Hogwarts prefects surely don't wish to skive off lessons?" (F)

I smirk some as Ron tries to justify it by showing us his schedule for today. I won't lie though, it does look like a bloody terrible Monday. We have double Herbology, Defense, and then individual classes or study periods. Fred seems to agree too with the offer he gives to Ron.

"Fair point, little bro. You can have a bit of Nosebleed Nougat cheap if you like." (F)

"Why's it cheap?" (R)

"Because you'll keep bleeding til you shrivel up, we haven't got an antidote yet." (G)

I start piling toast onto a napkin for me and then food for Kitty if her and Scar ever make it down here for breakfast. I couldn't tell if they meant girl things or Order things. If the first I don't really want to know, but if the later I wonder how safe it is to talk about it. I'm not sure what the problem was this morning but they sent word that they would be a few minutes late because they had to catch up on some things.

If they didn't meet us in here in ten minutes then we would just meet them in Herbology. Fred and I explain to Hermione why all the fifth years will be wanting a Skiving Snackbox once classes start. The professors lose their bloody minds when it comes to the O.W.L. exams. We didn't get very worried because, well we know what we want to do with our lives.

We weren't trying to lie to them when we told how our class acted toward the exams, with breakdowns and panic attacks alike. I had started explaining how we weren't sure we really wanted to come back this year for N.E.W.T.s but stopped short of telling them that we had the money thanks to Harry. In fact, it was the look that Harry gave me that stopped me from telling them in the first place. I do agree with Fred though, whatever mischief we can manage to cause during our last year, as well as finding out what students will pay for and what they won't, will surely come in handy.

Hermione of course being the bright little witch that she is can easily put two and two together though. She must know that if we were serious about not coming back this year then we already have enough funds to try and open the shop. Fred was ready for her question about money though as we got ready to take our food, and Kitty's apparently, to the greenhouse since she didn't make it to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Ask us no questions and we'll tell you no lies, Hermione, C'mon, George, if we get there early we might be able to sell a few Extendable Ears before Herbology." (F)

We walked in and I saw Kitty laughing in a corner with Stella from Ravenclaw and Scarlett. I smiled some as I took her the food and she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as she said thanks and began sharing her food with Scarlett. Fred and I got to work selling the Extendable Ears, and actually sold 8 pair before Professor Sprout walked in. I caught Kitty's smirk followed by a smile as we hid the Ears and stuffed the gold into our pockets as the lesson began.

As the lesson finally drew to an end and Fred and I had a break hour while Kitty had Ancient Runes I decided that I could spend the 15 minute break before the class started with her. I took hold of her hand as we walked back into the castle and up the stairs toward the Ancient Rune classroom. We walked in and it was completely empty, so we sat down at what I'm assuming is her desk near the back of the classroom. I smile as she gets her book out and some parchment for notes before I decide to distract her a bit.