Chapter 27

George's POV:

Blimey I've never seen Katherine this mad before, and apparently neither has Scar because she doesn't even know what to do. For the last hour and a half she's been pacing and muttering what sound like curses under her breath followed by 'the fat old toad.' I have to give her points for creativity, but if she's not careful she'll end up in detention faster than Fred and I have ever managed to. She finally takes a deep breath and sits down next to me on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Fred and Scar having left a few minutes ago to work on some things they said, really I think they were just giving us some privacy.

"Feel better now love?" (G)

"Oh Georgie, I'll feel better the day that Toad leaves." (K)

"I know, but think of it this way, the year will fly by since it's the last." (G)

"I hope you're—" (K)

"Oi! You two come and here the news Scar found out." (F)

Kitty and I both stand up, I take her hand as we walk across the common room to the corner where Scar, Fred, and Angelina are whispering. I watch as Kitty's face becomes hard and I realize she must have begun listening to the conversation as soon as Fred called out to us.

"The toad gave what to Harry?!?" (K)

"Harry and Umbridge apparently got into a bit of a screaming match during his class today and he called her a liar. She gave him detention for a week." (Angelina)

I watch as Kitty closes her eyes and blows out an angry breath. Scar and Angelina are talking about what was apparently said, and I realize with surprise that Angelina actually believes Harry's story. Lucky for that we are I suppose, because there are few that actually believe him right now even in Gryffindor. I watch as Kat launches into another whisper match with both Scar and Angelina, them all having forgotten about Fred and I. We both smirk at that a bit and I give her a kiss on the cheek before telling her we would see them at dinner.

I watch as she looks at me with a piercing stare for a moment, but not out of anger for the toad anymore. Rather it's a look that means she's searching for a solution to a problem, it's the same look she gets sometimes while working on her Ancient Runes homework. I can only guess she's trying to figure out how to get rid of the toad now. She slowly nods her head before giving me a small smile and kissing me on the cheek. I watch as the girls go upstairs still whispering to one another, while Fred and I take a look at the people who signed up to be our product testers.

We told the brave, or rather foolish, first-years to meet us in the common room after dinner was over for their first night's work. We've already tested it on ourselves, now it's just a matter of product testing among others. Kitty offered but I wouldn't let her even mention the idea of her testing the products out to Fred. He would probably agree she had a right to be a tester if she wanted since she already mentioned buying stock in the business once we open, but I don't want to risk her safety any more than it's already been risked this summer. I know that the products are safe, but I'm still not risking it.

Fred and I agree on the product to be tested out tonight and head down for a quick dinner, with the girls joining us soon after. I look at Kitty and see that she isn't angry anymore, but the look as if she is solving a problem lingers in her eyes right now. I can only imagine that she'll think of a way to either get rid of the toad, or find a way to make her time here at Hogwarts hell. I know that Fred and I will be up for whatever mischief making she might have in mind.

Kat's POV:

We had met Fred and George downstairs in the Great Hall for dinner and still my mind reeled with the problem of how to get rid of the toad. My family might have some sway in the matter, but they are also busy in catching Zeldalia and her minions. I don't have many legal or proper ways of getting rid of her which only makes it difficult. I can only imagine how Harry feels at this point, if I already hate her this much and I haven't even been given detention with her yet. Speaking of Harry, where is he and the trio anyway?