Chapter 22

Kat's POV:

Vik's team managed to beat Japan yesterday, though it was a close game between the two team's chasers their seeker wasn't a match for Vik. Few seekers are really. I miss him already, and we left his house not two minutes ago. The last three days have been......well interesting I suppose. George had told Vik everything that happened to me this summer, which explains why he carried me into his room after the nightmare that first day. The nightmare was....well it was horrible and ended with me killing everyone in my dream.

Vik's expression when I told him the dream was the same as it has always been after a bad night or bad moon, full of understanding and love. Not the kind of love that George and I share but that of a brother. He held me against his chest where his scent of pine and fur surrounded me until I stopped crying. Then he leaned away from me, brushing the hair away from my face as his deep set eyes met my own.

Flashback

"Kitty, I know vhat appened this summer. I vant you to know somefing very important."

I don't answer him, I just nod and try not to get angry at George for telling Vik what I had been up to all summer. I'm also partly surprised that Vik isn't mad at me for putting myself in such danger right now. I look up into his dark black eyes and watch as they soften as they stare into mine.

"You know I ad a alf sister vhen I vas younger?"

I nod in return remembering the story of how Vik's father left him and his mother when he was just a baby and his mother remarried and had a second child, a little girl when Vik was three or four. I know they all died when he was only 6, leaving him to live in a Wizard's Orphanage until a Junior Quidditch league in the states discovered him at the age of 12, and then Bulgaria signed him at the age of 16.

"I never told you ow they died. Now I vust. My father......vell he vas my stepfather but he ad veen more of a father than my own. He vas not a vizard. He vas a vampire. My alf-sister vas like you, a half-vamp. At the time there vere vizards and vitches in our village who knew what they vere, and so they killed them and my mother. My mother had hidden me vut vefore she could get Eliza they vere all killed. The rest of the story you know."

I find myself frozen looking at him, wondering if he's telling the truth but one look in his saddened eyes and I know he is. I don't have to be able to do Legilimancy to know whether Vik is being honest with me or not. Everything about our first meeting seems to make sense now. He has been the only one to not fear me before I answered questions about what I am. He had already accepted me when he sat down that night, before either of us said anything to one another.

"So when we met for the first time, you already knew what I was. That's why you weren't afraid of me."

"Ves, I knew you vere either a vampire like my father or a alf-vamp like Eliza. That is vhy I ave alvays tried to protect you. You are vust like my sister, and I vailed her vut I vill not vail you."

"Vik you were only a boy you wouldn't have been able to stop them. They would have killed you too."

"Mayve. Vut I vill protect you for as long as I am avle. Even if it means protecting you vrom yourself. You are no monster Kitty, you are no danger. You are truly an angel, even if you are a bit pig eaded at times. No vatter vhat appened this summer you ave vamily and vriends that loves you. Ge-orge loves you almost as vuch as I do. Promise me you vill try to remember that vhen you leave in a few days?"