Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11
K's POV:

"Katherine, is that you? Are you alright?"

I jump slightly and push myself back into a corner of the room as I see Remus sitting up slowly on the couch in the room. He stares at me a bit before lighting a fire in the fireplace for light and walking over to me. I keep my eyes covered with my hand so he won't see what they've become as I continue to sob. I feel him place his hand on my knee and I jump as he does but I don't look at him.

"Did something happen in Transylvania? Are you hurt? I can get Mrs. Weasley."

"NO!"

"Ok, alright. Let's just talk a bit then. Why don't you try to tell me what's wrong?"

"i'm a monster"

I had whispered what was wrong to him in between sobs and it doesn't surprise me that he didn't understand what I said and asked me to say it again. I force myself to repeat it, louder this time as I do, trying to overcome the shaking of my body.

"I'm a monster."

"Why would you think that?"

I don't answer him, the only way I could would be to show him my eyes and I don't want to. I....can't show him he'll know I'm telling the truth then. I pull my knees in closer to my chest and I squeeze my eyes tightly together and lay my head against my knees. Maybe he'll just go away.

"Katherine.....you've been inside my mind. Am I a monster?"

His question catches me off guard and I force myself to not look up at him. He isn't a monster, he just thinks he is because of what Greyback did to him. It isn't his fault. He has no choice in his actions. He is innocent of the crimes that his wolf self commit under the moon's influence. I'm not.

"No, you're not."

"Then why do you think you are?"

"You don't have a choice in what you do. I-I do and I........I gave in to it and I think I liked it."

"What happened in Transylvania?"

"I....met Talan and the Clan of the Dead tonight. They had been visited by a Death Eater and kept him. They won't be forming an alliance with either side and will be.....keeping further visitors for dinner."

"What happened?"

"The Death Eater was brought out. I was given thr-three options because they knew Aleric and respected him enough to not do to me what they were doing to the Death Eater."

"What were your options?"

"Be kept by them, be turned by them, or.....fe-feed from him."

He doesn't say anything back to me as another sob racks my body and my mind turns to George and how he would react when he sees my eyes. If he knew what I did and how I felt about it. I feel my heart break as I imagine his face full of fear like it was that night he found out, but the fear staying this time.

"So you fed from him?"

"y-yes"

"That doesn't make you a monster. You had no other choice."

"I....I almost couldn't stop and now my eyes.......w-what would George think?"

"What happened with your eyes Katherine?"

I slowly look up at him and see his eyes widen a bit as he sees mine in the light of the fire. No longer are they silver in color but a bright blood red just like a full vampire. He stares a bit more before he gently but forcefully pulls me into a hug and whispers in my ear that it'll be alright and that George won't care. I start to relax just a bit and my sobs turn into cries just as I hear someone else walk into the room.

"Waz all noise down here Remus?"

I look up and see that it's George rubbing sleep from his eyes. I push Remus away from me without an apology before sprinting full force out the front door and apparating inside of my house a few doors down. I feel myself collapse on the floor again and cry as I realize that he almost saw me like this. I lay down on the floor in front of the door and cry as I think that Talan was right, maybe Dhampirs are just as much monsters as any vampire is.

George's POV:

I was headed down to get a cup of water and heard Remus talking to someone crying in the living room. I walked in yawning, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes as I walked in. No sooner had I asked him what was wrong then someone sprinting out of the room and out the front door. I stood in shock for a moment as I realize that the person sprinting out the door was Katherine. She....she didn't even take a second glance at me.

"Remus.....what the bloody hell just happened?"

"George.....Katherine returned from Transylvania tonight and was a bit upset. I was trying to calm her down. She....she's worried about what you might say. It may take a few days for her to tell you what happened."

"What do you mean what happened? Is she alright?"

"George, physically she's fine but mentally......give her time George."

I want to ask more but before I can he's followed in her footsteps and has left out the front door. I find myself pacing the living room now. I know that she lives a few houses down from here but I can't leave until morning. I feel myself grow angry and worried as I wait for the sun to rise so I can go banging on her door down the street. I finally see the first few rays of sun and I run upstairs and change clothes, grabbing my wand as I go.

I apparate to the outside of her house and I hear gentle cries coming from inside. The anger I had gives way to worry as I listen to her cry on the other side of the door. I knock gently and I hear her stop and then I hear movement away from the door. I lean in and try to talk to through the door.

"Kitty, it's me. Please love let me in. I just want to hold you, we don't have to talk right now."

I wait for what seems like forever and then I hear the lock on the door click open. I gently push the door open and see Katherine sitting on the floor a few feet away with tears still streaming down her face. I walk in and shut the door behind me before walking over to her and kneeling in front of her.

Her blue eyes are bloodshot looking, meaning she's been crying all night. I pull out a hankie and wipe her tears away before pulling her into my arms and carrying her up the stairs to a bed. I lay her down on the bed and climb in next to her pulling her close. She stays stiff for a few more minutes and I'm reminded on the night I found out what she was. Just like that night, she finally relaxes into my body and I feel myself smile into her hair as I rub her back and she falls asleep. I know mum will be ready to kill me when I don't come home today, but it will be worth it to be with her and be able to comfort her like this.