Chapter 24

Kat's POV:

George just had to walk back down when Tonks was saying that he would propose by the end of the school year, that I would just have to wait and see. I haven't blushed this much in weeks, I swear. I had been keeping an eye on Harry earlier but after learning that Sirius and his father hadn't been prefects he seemed to perk up a bit. I was worried he would be upset at not getting prefect for longer than he was, so the change in attitude is a relief.

I was beginning to grow tired, but I know that I still have to go back to my house to pack up tonight. I had only actually stayed at my house for a few days, while my cousin Xander visited me. He was the closest cousin to me in age and we've always been kind of close I guess. He knows how serious me and George are for sure, especially since he walked in on us snogging the last night he was there. He also knows about my involvement in the order, and even my summer travels.

Though on that last one, I made him swear not to tell my parents or I would tell his how he was currently dating a non-mag girl. While his parents and mine would eventually be ok with that, after the whole explaining it and making sure she doesn't freak out part passes, it's not something he wants to go through until he's sure she's the one for him. It does make for perfect blackmail information for me though, as long as he doesn't propose before the end of the school year.

I catch myself yawning a bit and excuse myself from the table just a few moments after Mrs. Weasley and Harry had left the party. George stayed downstairs to finish supper, but I wanted to take a quick nap before we headed to my house to pack up my supplies. I had reached our hallway when I heard the sobs coming from the Boggart room. I shouted for Lupin as I headed toward the door and saw Harry standing there. I looked in the room and saw Mrs. Weasley on the floor sobbing as....as Fred and George laid dead on the ground, followed soon after by a dead Percy, then a dead Harry just as the real Harry began to shout at her.

As Remus, Sirius, and Mad-Eye rushed past me into the room the boggart changed shape from a dead Harry to...to a dead me. I found myself frozen as I stared at the boggart before Remus got rid of it permanently and helped the sobbing Mrs. Weasley from the ground. I knew she had finally accepted the fact that George and I were dating, but I would have never guessed that me getting hurt or worse was an actual fear of hers. I watched as Remus comforted her and she hugged both Harry and myself. Harry disappearing into his bedroom after a few minutes, with me following his actions and disappearing into George and Fred's room.

Her fears, about her family dying or being hurt are completely legitimate fears. I only joined the Order, and spent my summer visiting vampire clans in an effort to help protect George and his family and our friends. I didn't come to England, to Hogwarts, to join a war. I came to escape one from back home, and yet here I am willingly fighting in another. What if Mrs. Weasley's fears come true? What if I lost George? Or we lose someone else from his family or we lose a friend?

I feel Mrs. Weasley's fears become my own as I lie down on George's bed and attempt to take deeps breaths to calm down. After a few minutes of failed attempts at calming down, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I snuggle close into George's chest as he lays down next to me.

"Remus told me love. Are you alright?"

I had began to lie to him, but I realized that I didn't want to lie to him about how I was feeling. Not with this much danger looming above our heads now. I wanted to be honest with him about everything if I could, because who knows if it could be the last time we speak before something happens. I pull myself far enough away to him so I can see into his warm brown eyes as they fill with concern and love for me.

"I'm only alright when I'm with you, or when I'm in your arms. Is that alright?"

"Love that will never be not alright with me."