CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4
K POV:

"I simply cannot understand why you will not extend your hand in an alliance Aleric!"

"I cannot ask my clan to get involved in what is a wizards war. Vampires will be despised for being half-breeds and lesser beings no matter who wins my child. I can guarantee to Albus that none of us will side with Lord Voldemort but other than that, there is little I can do."

I feel myself sigh in frustration as I try my argument for the tenth time since I got here. It's been a little over two long weeks, it's July 14th, and still his stance has not wavered at all. Being related to him is not winning me any points right now either. Granted I can see his point, I was rather rude to most everyone here until I learned that not all vampires are monsters as I once thought. I can also see Aleric's point about fighting in a war in which they have little if anything to gain.

Few vampires can still do magic once they're turned, no one here can. The issue of fighting with no weapons available is therefore presented. The families that live here though also make me wish we weren't even asking for this alliance, there are even some vamp born kids here that could lose parents if they joined in the war. But I also know that the Order will need all the help they can get. It doesn't help that it's a full moon so I feel like dung while everyone else around here is just fine and dandy. Being a half-vamp compared to a vamp is looking worse and worse at the moment I swear.

"If that is the best you can do, then I suppose the Order and I will simply have to take it."

"I'm sorry my dear, I wish I could do more."

"It's fine Aleric. I will be leaving in another day or two though. I will need to check in with the Order before heading to visit the clan in Transylvania."

"What?!?"

"Yes, I was asked to visit this clan and that one."

"I must forbid that."

"What? Why?"

"They are not like us. They will as soon kill a Dhampir as a human."

I feel myself getting frustrated once again. I would count Aleric as a dear friend now, maybe even as the grandfather I never knew but he will not stop me from doing the task I was assigned. I mean hell, even my boyfriend couldn't stop me and he has a bit more to offer me in return than Aleric does right now. I turn back to face Aleric and see that he is not pleased with this new information but I'm too ill right now to really care.

"Well I'm sorry I'm going!"

"Then I'm going with you!"

"FINE! Alright, ok. I'm going out for blood in a bit so I need to go change. I'll leave for headquarters tomorrow. Meet me at my house in four days time?"

"That will be fine. Take Michael or John with you to hunt though. Full moon also means that werewolves will be out tonight."

I nod and leave his office sighing again in frustration as I make my way back to my room. As wonderful as it's been being here and learning more about Dhampirs and their, well my heritage I guess, I'm ready to go home. I mean England, if I could be more specific I'd say George's arms but I can only imagine how miffed he'll be at me when he finds out what I was up to all summer. I can just picture it. 'Hey love where were you all summer?' 'Oh Georgie I was hanging around with vampires trying to get them to join our cause.' Yeah that will go over great I'm sure.

I change quickly once I'm in my room and head out to find one the guys to go hunting with me. I spot both of them in the corner laughing with each other and I'm reminded why I get along with them so well. I didn't at first, I won't lie, I thought they were monsters honestly. Then I learned that everyone at Castle of the Brave clan only fed from humans, they didn't kill them when they fed. Once I accepted that information the twins and I were able to become fast friends.

They remind me of my twins so much, maybe because they are twins as well. Or that they were turned at a really young age and still look young, only in their early 20s at most, or the fact that they love a good prank. I don't know which it is. They both stop laughing as I walk up but the smiles remain as they say hello.

"Wha are yeh doin luv?" (M)

"Com to hang out with us again eh?" (J)

"Actually I came to see if y'all would like to come hunting with me."

"Eh, sur we would, wouldn't we Mike."

"Yeh sur. Well let's go then luv."

I nod my head a bit as we all walk out of the castle into the moonlit forest and they suddenly become deadly quiet as I stand there and start hunting. An hour later and I feel loads better as we start joking on the way back to the castle, but that's when we start to hear screaming coming from the little human village a few miles from here. We all look at one another before we take off running toward it and in just a few minutes we come bursting out of the trees on the edge of the village.

I smell blood, fear, but also a sour stench that I've never smelled before. I look towards the smell and spot a werewolf hovering over a woman that's bleeding and motioning toward us for help. The boys sprint toward the werewolf and start luring it off the woman as I go the help but before I make it within five feet of her I'm tackled by a second werewolf we didn't see. I feel the claws drag into my arm and my side. I feel the scream catch in my throat just as I see the twins rush back and get rid of the werewolf.

The next few images seem to blur past me. I see the forest and the moon in the sky. I see one of the twins carrying me. I see the castle in the distance. I see Aleric's face staring down at me, while I lay on something soft. I feel the burning stinging pain that I vaguely recognize as Dittany being poured on my wounds. I feel blood go down my throat and then I see nothing. I feel nothing. And it's so peaceful I could stay here forever.

George's POV:

"Any word from Kat lately?"

"I don't want to talk about it Fred."

"Aye, I'm sorry mate. It's only been a little over two weeks since dad brought home Moonlight thought. And dad reckons that if there was bad news the Order would hear about it."

"Gee thanks Fred."

"Cheer up mate. She'll be home soon and we'll have the extendable ears working soon. Plus we'll be leaving for headquarters in another week or so. So we'll be more likely to hear news."

"Yeah, suppose so."

I hear him walk away back to his side of the room as I keep working on our newest candy, ones that make you faint. I hope he's right. I just can't shake the feeling that something happened to her. I sent her a few letters but no response yet. There is an order meeting tonight I think, so maybe I'll get word about after. Oh Kitty please just come home.