Chapter 19

George's POV:

I was worried  a bit when Katherine didn't want to go hunting the other night, but she promised me she wasn't thirsty. I already know I'm going to have to start watching her more closely, making sure this isn't some form of punishment she's putting herself through. I wrote to Krum about the Quidditch game but I didn't tell him what else has happened, and something tells me I would be in hot water with Kat if I had. I've been trying to get more alone time with her over the last few days to tell her about the Quidditch game and just talk to her. Though that may prove difficult with the Order and everyone else in a panic right now.

Seems like while we were dealing with our own breakdown, Harry was having to fight off Dementors from kissing him and his cousin. He was expelled from Hogwarts that night but was then granted an appeal in a few days. The Order is figuring out the best way to get Harry out of his aunt and uncle's house without having to, well magic the muggles I suppose. I would personally just magic them, they really seemed to enjoy themselves last summer when we picked Harry up for the Quidditch Cup. Dudley especially loved our candy. I smile a bit before my constant worry for Kat returns.

Kat, Mad-Eye, Tonks, Kingsley, Lupin, and five other Order members all volunteered to go get him tonight. George and I tried to volunteer as well and mum went ballistic, saying we couldn't because we weren't in the Order and she wasn't letting us join until after school. Kat wouldn't tell me what her job was exactly, but she promised me she would be safe so I guess I'll just have to be thankful for that.

I hear Mad-Eye yell about leaving and I gently grab Kat around the waist and kiss her one more time. She offers me a small smile as she touches my cheek, before she turns and walks out the door with Tonks and Mad-Eye. I find myself pacing in the living room for a while, but soon find myself pacing upstairs with Fred smirking, watching me walk back and forth in our room.

"You make being in love look like so much fun George."

"Shut it Fred."

Kat's POV:

"Harrison don't forget. Any sign of movement anywhere near here that's not us or a definite muggle you send the warning."

"Yes Mad-Eye. I've got it."

"Lay off the poor girl Mad-Eye, she's more than capable and knows what to do."

I watch as Mad-Eye offers a grunt in return before turning to the others and walking towards Harry's house. I offer a small smile in thanks to Tonks. If it hadn't been for her and Remus, and George of course I'm not sure what I would have done the past few days. Nothing that would have made Victor or George very happy with me though, that's for sure. I lurk in the shadows on the corner and watch as Tonks catches up with the others. They pause a second before they all enter Harry's house.

I'm kind of glad that I'm not going into the house to be honest. The letters Harry sent to Ron and Hermione did not let on that was too pleased about being locked in his room and expelled from Hogwarts. He's not really expelled yet, but the ministry will stop at nothing to make sure that happens, or in the least that they make his life as miserable as possible. I get the feeling that the nasty things being said about him in the prophet have only made him a bit angrier about this whole thing as well.

I feel my anger towards their minister grow even more and I thought that wasn't possible. I freeze as I hear a pop a few seconds later but relax when I smell the exhaust of the backfired car that was the source of it a few blocks down. I look at my watch and see that they're meant to be in the garden and ready to leave by this point. I scan the area again before taking out my wand and shooting up red sparks into the air. I scan a second time before rechecking my watch and shooting up green sparks into the air. I keep my eyes trained toward their house but my ears open around me as I watch them begin the journey home. Well what I consider home anyway, which is anywhere George is.

I wait a few minutes as I was instructed. I don't expect anyone to come looking around, but I suppose I was wrong. Just as I was getting ready to leave and go home, I hear the distinct pop of someone apparating nearby. I freeze as I watch a wizard in a dark cloak appear outside Harry's house. I watch as he goes inside and I see the light he casts illuminate the rooms as he walks through them. I debate going in after him but decide against it, and a few minutes later I watch him leave the house shutting the door behind him.

I watch as the wizard looks up and down the street, catching a glimpse of a silver mask as he does before disapparating. The same masks that the Death Eaters in Harry's memory of the graveyard wore last term. Looks like the Death Eaters were watching Harry after all. I walk quickly and silently to the house and go inside before smelling around. I pick on multiple scents but only one I don't recognize and one that is only in Harry's room and the hallway. I don't recognize the scent either.

I walk silently back out of the house before disappearing into the shadows on the corner, making sure my cloak hiding my face is still in place. I need to get back to Headquarters to report this news, hopefully I'll make it back before Harry and the rest of the group do. I clutch my broom but decide apparating would be the faster option, as I leave Privet Drive to go back to headquarters and the Order meeting tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Katherine, it's nice to see you again."

"Same to you Bill, how are things at Gringotts?"

"Pretty good, can't complain really can I?"

I nod and smile again at Bill as he makes small talk with another wizard I don't know that well. He really can't complain since I've heard he was dating the girl from the tournament.....Fleur I believe, who is also working at the bank now. I wasn't that fond of her during the tournament but as long as she loves Bill I think it'll all work out in the end. I watch as Dumbledore walks in and the room immediately becomes hushed. A few seconds later and Snape comes in, followed by the rest of the Order that retrieved Harry tonight and Mrs. Weasley a few moments later. I watch as Dumbledore's eyes twinkle as he looks at all of us.

"I trust that there were no problems then?"

"None Albus, everything went according to plan." (Kingsley)

"Professor, forgive me but that may not be so. A few minutes after they left the house a Death Eater searched the house before leaving. I'm not sure who it was and I got a scent on them but it is not someone I recognized, but they were definitely watching the house." (K)

"Severus?"

"If the Dark Lord ordered someone to watch the boy then it was done privately. Otherwise it might be a Death Eater trying to get the boy in an attempt to win the Dark Lord's favor."

I hear Sirius mumble something about 'Snivelus not knowing anything about that would he', before Remus kicked him under the table. I watch as Snape stiffens and shoots a hateful glare at Sirius before turning back to Dumbledore who's nodding a bit. I swear the amount of hatred between those two could literally start a war all on its own.

I watch as Dumbledore goes to say something but I flinch as I hear harsh screaming upstairs, the screaming that only I can hear through the floors. I don't think Harry is very happy about what's been going on, especially from the sound of things right now. I force myself to tune him out and lessen my hearing as I focus on what Dumbledore was saying about the upcoming meeting and what we should expect from the ministry.