Chapter 45

Kat's POV:

Donovan arrived the same day the Hogwarts express was delivering the students back to their parents. My own parents were arriving tomorrow afternoon and staying for a week, leaving the day before I leave for Bulgaria. I was on my way to meet up with Tonks and few other Order members, disguised a bit thanks to some Transfiguration work on my part, as they picked Harry up from the Hogwarts express. Apparently some fear needed to be planted into his muggle relatives about letting him write over the summer.

I tied my hair back before throwing the veil over my head, leaving a space open for my eyes. I left, calling out a bye to Scar and Donovan both of whom were in the kitchen attempting to cook. Houdini's wand I can only hope they don't destroy my kitchen past the point where magic won't fix it. I apparate onto the platform just as I see the Hogwarts Express begin to slow down around the bend. I spot Tonks, wearing a Weird Sisters t-shirt and rocking her bright pink hair. I repress an eye-roll as I smile and walk over. I only get a within a few feet before Mad-Eye turns towards me with his wand out.

"We're going to do this every time aren't we Mad-Eye?" (K)

"Either show me some fangs or be blasted off the platform your choice."(Mad-Eye)

I let out a sigh, annoyed that all my hard work on my disguise is for not now, before lifting the veil and vamping out. Mad-Eye gives a grunt and a nod before turning back to the train. I turn to say hello to Tonks and Remus but then the wind blows their scents over to me. Cinnamon for both, but Fred has a twinge of apple and George.....he has the twinge of coconut. I make sure my veil is in place before I steal a glance at them. I saw Fred just a few days ago, but George I haven't seen since they left Hogwarts.

He looks good, happy, in the green leather dragon suit he's wearing. I feel my heart twinge a bit but I cast another cheering spell on myself, non-verbally so Remus won't worry about me right now, before I spot the trio and everyone else getting off the train. I don't go up to them and say hello, though I would like too. I left without any real goodbyes, though I did send some short notes by owl the next morning after I had left. For now though I watch as Harry comes over and Mad-Eye tells him what the plan is.

Harry doesn't seem very confident that it will go well, but if nothing else we all know it'll be entertaining. We follow after Harry and we soon come up to his...relatives. I realize with a smile that his Aunt almost resembles a giraffe with her long neck, while his Uncle and cousin resemble walruses. I cough back a laugh as we each begin to casually threaten them to allow Harry to contact us, all while I try not to laugh at their reactions.

"Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to." (Mad-Eye)

"And we can be a right hellish bunch when we need to be." (K)

I watch as Harry's Uncle gets madder and madder as he realizes that we are threatening him. However, the delusional man thinks it's a good idea to try and act as if Mad-Eye couldn't do anything to him if he wanted too. That is probably the biggest mistake to make when dealing with Mad-Eye. As he reveals his magical eye to the Dursleys, I vamp out again and pull back the veil before hissing just a bit. The Dursleys all turn a deathly shade of white at both my fangs and Mad-Eye's eye, and I find the entire thing rather funny.

I watch as Harry and the muggles begin to leave and I wait for a chance to speak with him alone. After Hermione walks up and says goodbye I grab Harry gently by the shoulder and hug him. I pull back after a second, the veil covering everything but my eyes again as I smile at him.

"I will see you soon Harry Potter. But please don't make me end my internship early for dementors this summer." (K)

I watch as he smiles a small smile before turning and walking back off with the muggles. I feel someone standing next to me and one sniff tells me it's Tonks. I spot the twins and Fred is stepping in front of George trying to stop him from coming over. Bless him for knowing that I really can't right now. It's just not the time.

"Tonks, fancy a cup of tea or a coke back at my place? Scar and Donovan are attempting to make lunch and I want to make sure they don't blow up my house." (K)

"Course, let's go. Race you there." (T)

I watch as she disapparates first, just as George gets around Fred. He gets within a few feet of me before he stops and looks me in the eyes. I find myself frozen for a moment but when he makes no move to step closer or speak I just shake my head a bit and disapparate to my house. I walk in the door and hear Tonks and Scar laughing about something in the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen thinking about George with my heart aching, but when I realize that they're both laughing at Donovan knocked out and lying on the floor I find myself laughing along with them. I can make it through this. I'll manage, I always have and I always will. For now though, I think I'll cause a little bit of mischief. I just have to find that quill I had laying around here to add to Donovan's mustache he has now.

George's POV:

It....it is her. Katherine. I thought it was just another Order member that I hadn't met yet when she first arrived at the station. I saw green eyes and the briefest glimpse of blond hair from under the veil before she stood behind Mad-Eye. But when she hissed at the Dursleys and hugged Harry bye, that was when I knew it was Kat. I saw her eyes glowing red for a moment before they returned to the green color. She must have disguised herself with a bit of transfiguration work before she got here.

I was trying to fight my way around Fred, but when I finally did I didn't walk all the way up to her. I stopped a few feet short, and found myself staring into her eyes. They may be green for right now, and her face may be covered, but it's still the same Kat that I love so much. I try to say something but every time I open my mouth nothing comes out. She shakes her head a bit at me as tears seem to grow in her eyes, and I start to reach out to her but she disapparates.

I stand still, looking at the spot where she stood just a few moments ago, when I fell Fred pull on my shoulder. I look up at him and he gives me a small sad smile before he starts talking about mum wanting us to come home for supper tonight. I give a deaf nod as I look back to where she was standing, willing her to come back so I could tell her how sorry I am. I will manage to get back into her life somehow. I've caused more mischief than almost anyone else before, except Fred, so I know I can manage getting her back. I have to.

THE END OF BOOK 2

*******************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. Well this finishes book 2, and before the New Year as promised. I would like to ask something in order for a Book 3 to be made. I would like at least two comments below asking for a Book 3. That way I at least know that some people are interested. Thanks loves, and Happy New Year!
-Love Always,
                  Jane