CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7:
K POV:

"Ah Katherine, it's good to see you again."

"Hello Mr. Weasley. Bill. Charlie."

"While we wait for Dumbledore let's introduce you to everyone else shall we. You know Sirius and Mad-Eye of course, Bill and Charlie as well. Molly said you met Remus earlier, this is Tonks and Kingsley both Aurors with the ministry."

I shake hands with the young witch and notice that her hair is bright pink, but it's nice. She has a distinct smell like Sirius and I wonder how they're related. I turn to shake hands Kingsley and realize that he's the other guy that saw me freak out about Remus earlier.

I feel my face turn red as I realize this before sitting down next to Remus and an empty chair. I turn to Remus again and find him looking at me with concern, and I realize it's because I haven't let go of my side since I walked in. I do the best I can to hide the pain I'm in as I look back up at him.

"I'm sorry again for earlier. I blame it on my injuries for reacting so harshly, my first experience with a werewolf left me with caution you could say."

"It's understandable Katherine, no fear. But will you be ok?"

"I've got it covered later, thank you though."

"Are you always in this....form?"

"What? Oh! I'm sorry I didn't even realize I was still vamped out. No, I'm usually not. Only when I'm not paying attention or angered, attacked, wounded like now, or the moon phases."

I turn away from him for a moment and shut my eyes concentrating on unvamping. I feel the pain in my side intensify some as I do, but I simply blank the pain away from my face as I open my eyes and look back at him. He smiles as he looks at me now in my regular human form.

"You have lovely eyes in both forms. No wonder George has fallen so hard for you. He asks every order member he sees if we've heard anything from you lately. I believe you owe him an owl before you leave again."

I feel myself blush as I nod before I look down at the table. Suddenly I hear the door open and in walks Dumbledore with Snape following behind him. He walks to the chair at the head of the table while Snape sits down on the opposite side of me in the empty chair. Dumbledore catches my eye as he sits down and I'm reminded that I don't have great news to tell him. It's not bad but not great by any means.

"Well let's begin shall we. Severus?"

"The Dark Lord has already collected many allies and followers but he is searching for something else this time as well. A weapon of sorts, a prophecy, that concerns him and Potter."

"Yes, I suspected as much. We will need to discuss security measures for that at the Ministry later Arthur, Kingsley, Tonks. How have you gotten along Bill?" (D)

"The goblins aren't too keen to join sides with any wizards at the moment, after how they were double-crossed by Bagman after the tournament."

"I've been having a bit of luck with some foreign wizards, but only because they have family or friends here." (Charlie)

"The Ministry is the source of the problem Albus. Too many are siding with Fudge, while he is too worried that you're after his job to admit he's wrong." (Kingsley)

"Yes, so I've heard. I expect that this next year will be extremely difficult. I also expect that the Dementors will soon join Voldemort, they have no reason to stay on our side when the times comes. Otherwise, that's everyone's reports for this month except Katherine."

I see everyone turn toward me and the look and smell of hope is heartbreaking. I have no better news for them than anyone else had tonight. I take a deep breath before looking up at Dumbledore.

"The Clan at Castle of the Brave will not be joining with us. Aleric has given me his word that they will not join the Death Eaters should they come calling but they do not wish to fight in a wizards war when they will still be hated no matter which side wins."

"I didn' know vampires were cowards." (Mundungus)

I feel myself vamp out again as I hiss at the newcomer and some people jump a bit, him included. He sits back in his chair in the corner as I glare at him. Him calling the Clan of the Brave cowards when he reeks of it is the biggest insult I can imagine.

"It is not cowardice to refuse to fight in a war that they have no purpose in. You would have them join us to win and then toss them aside, back into the shadows. Many were muggles before they were changed. The ones who weren't had their wands taken or have fallen out of practice with magic. Few can still do magic after being turned. I respect their decision and their word that they will take care of any Death Eaters should they come calling. That should be enough."

"It is enough, Katherine you will need to forgive Mundungus for voicing his own opinions even if they are misplaced here. Now before we conclude tonight's meeting we need to go over the next few weeks. Remus, I understand you have a few more people to visit in the upcoming weeks I wish you luck. Severus, the same goes for you in the next meeting with Voldemort. Katherine when will you be leaving for Transylvania?"

"You surely do not think she is fit to travel Dumbledore. The girl hasn't let go of her left side since  we've arrived."

I notice that it was Snape that spoke up and honestly I'm surprised. Not that he would notice that I'm in pain, I don't think anything ever escapes his shrewd notice, but that he almost seems to care. I didn't think he really cared about anyone, but maybe he isn't as heartless as he lets on to be. Strange what you can learn about someone in just a few seconds.

"I had noticed as much Severus. Katherine will you be needing additional assistance with your current injuries?"

"No Professor, I have it sorted. I will leave for Transylvania in two days. I will be traveling with a friend as an additional precaution."

"Very well, may I ask who?"

"Aleric."

"Are you sure that he is trust worthy if he wouldn't accept our alliance?" (Sirius)

"I'm sure. He's a distant relative of mine, or ancestor you could say."

I watch as many people around the table turn to look at me with questions but I stop them for now by saying it's a long story because it really is. Dumbledore nods and smiles a bit and I wonder if he knew I was related to Aleric. It wouldn't really surprise me all that much. There are times that I wonder if Dumbledore doesn't somehow know everything.

"I wish you both a safe journey. I hope you make it back for the next meeting in two weeks time. Now I suggest everyone leave sporadically so we don't draw too much attention to ourselves. Goodnight all."

I watch as he stands and leaves, followed by Severus. Mad-Eye leaves a bit later with Mundungus, even his name is cowardly sounding, leaving after him. Remus and Sirius stay put while Bill and Charlie both leave after saying goodbye to everyone.

Kingsley and Tonks both leave at the same time, with Tonks knocking something over on her way out and blushing like mad when Remus helps her. Hmmm I wonder how long she's liked him, and how long he's been oblivious to it by the looks of things. Soon enough I'm left sitting at the table with Sirius, Remus, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

"Dear would you like to stay with us until you leave?"

"I...I would like that very much Mrs. Weasley but I think I should go home and prepare for Transylvania. I'm sorry."

"It's alright dear. Please be safe though."

"I will, and thank you."

I stand up to leave slowly, still clutching my side as I do and make my way to the fireplace before flooing home to 4 Grimmauld Place. I step out of the fireplace a bit more gracefully than earlier and see that I have no less than 6 letters laying on the floor near the mail slot. I can only imagine how many of those letters will be panicky in nature.

I summon the letters to me before heading into the kitchen and grabbing a pint or two of animal blood that I had prepared for the moon phases or emergencies, like this I guess. I sit down at the table as I drink the blood, wishing it was fresher and warm, while I start reading the letters.