Chapter 29

Kat's POV:

By the time I got back from Dumbledore's office it was well past midnight, and I'm honestly shocked I wasn't caught by Filch or the Toad. I walked back into the common room just as I heard and saw Sirius's head in the fireplace. I stood still for a moment in shock as I looked at the trio all sitting around the fireplace, before I glanced around the room to make sure we were alone. I walked over to the trio and I heard bitterness hidden behind coolness in Sirius's voice, before he disappeared with a slight popping noise.

"I'll write to tell you a time I can make it back into the fire, then, shall I? If you can stand to risk it?" (S)

"Well you three really are risk-takers aren't you?" (K)

"What the bloody hell?!?" (R)

"Really Ron we need to teach you some more surprised sayings. So you three, mind telling me what Sirius was doing in the fireplace?" (K)

"What do you care? You're in the Order and don't tell us anything, so why should we tell you anything?" (H)

"I tell what I can, and that's the best anyone in the Order can do." (K)

"Yeah? Well why don't you tell why Hagrid isn't back yet, or what he was up to this summer! You don't tell any of us any of the important stuff! If anything you only care for yourself!" (H)

I stand stock still as Harry stands up and walks up to the boy's dorm. I feel myself vamp out as I stare after him, willing my anger to go away since I know how stressed Harry must feel right now. Ron and Hermione stand up next and both look at me and then after Harry, looking a little surprised at his outburst but not much.

"Erm....well I suppose I'll go to bed. He didn't mean it Kat, not really he's just...well you know." (R)

"He really didn't mean it. He's been snapping at us all summer. We know that you tell us what you can, it's not your fault you can't tell us more." (Her.)

"Thanks, but until I hear an 'I'm sorry for biting all my friend's head's off' from him, consider the flow of information from me stopping. Goodnight you two, have a pleasant Sunday if I don't see y'all." (K)

I speed up to my own dorm and change as quickly and quietly as I can, noticing that Scar fell asleep writing a letter to Donovan. I bite back down a giggle as I notice that she has a quill in her hand and the letter in the other. I take them both away from her and lay them on the nightstand beside her before crawling into bed, just as Hermione walks in. She looks at me with tear-filled eyes and I fill guilt flood over me as she walks past without a word.

"Hermione....I'm sorry for sounding rude or mean down there. But Harry needs to learn to better control his emotions if he is to survive this school year, and I don't mean that literally but you know what I mean. Forgive me?" (K)

"Of course! It's just, Ron and I are both so tired of being yelled at and accused of not believing him. We don't know what else we can do really." (Her.)

"Nothing but continue to be there for him, that's all any of us can do. But I will still make him apologize to all of us before the month is out I guarantee it, or I'm not a half-vamp." (K)

I watch as she offers a small giggle and smile before I close the curtains on my bed. My mind wanders to George as I begin to drift asleep. I didn't get to go to the team's quidditch practice earlier today, Scar and I had way too much homework to even think about going. I saw him earlier at dinner but he was in a rush to test more products for the joke shop and Scar and I were headed to the common room to practice.

We've shared quick kisses in the corridors when there were no professors watching, and quick kisses in passing in the common room. Otherwise, we've only seen each other in class or sparsely at meal times. I know he wants to be successful with the joke shop and I support that decision, but I feel that I will need him more than last year and it's like we're drifting away from each other.

I know I will be swamped with homework next weekend, the same as this weekend, but I intend to see him either way. I need some time alone with him at least. I feel a soft bundle of fur curl up next to my head and I smile softly as Moonlight starts to purr lightly. Well, at least I have Moonlight to keep my thoughts pleasant tonight.

********************FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER********************

George's POV:

I'd love to say it's been a great start to our final year at Hogwarts but it's been downright horrible. The day after the toad was made 'High Inquisitor' at Hogwarts was a full moon, so Kitty was feeling terrible both Monday and Tuesday. McGonagall helped us sneak out of the castle that Tuesday night so Kitty could go hunting, and I do mean sneak out. She disillusioned us before leading us out as quickly as she could, which is a bit faster than I would have thought at McGonagall's age honestly.

Kitty's first full moon back went alright, better than some of her worst ones I suppose but I don't think it was her best. She had already missed one full moon and drinking on the half-moons didn't seem to help that much. She looked loads better in the morning, though I wasn't about to admit that she was looking a bit peaky lately. That was probably the longest we've got to spend together the last few weeks. When Kitty and Scar aren't in the library or the common room practicing, Fred and I are working on our joke products or at Quidditch practice.

The real trouble looks as if Umbridge, the fat old toad, is out to get Harry and call me crazy but Kitty too. The first lesson that was inspected with us was charms class, and the toad asked Flitwick how Kitty was doing and whether she ever caused any trouble in class or frightened other students. I'm surprised Kitty didn't hear this conversation, but I suspect I have Scar to thank for that. Good thing too, Kitty might have hexed her right then and there.

Though Scar may become just as likely to hex the toad as well with the toad having a clear dislike for Trelawney, which for some odd reason is Scar's favorite professor. What I hate right now though is seeing Kitty begin to struggle getting blood from Madam Pomfrey on half and new moons all because of that toad. I know what Krum said about Kitty drinking but it's a little difficult to make sure she's drinking when we have a ministry toad that doesn't want her too.

I also hate not being able to see her as much as I did last year. This weekend is the first Hogsmeade trip though and I'm determined to spend at least part of the day with Kitty even if it means no joke shop work. We were also all asked to meet the trio at the Hog's Head that afternoon, but even with that Kitty and I will get to spend part of the day together or so help me I'll go bonkers. Not to mention I've got to get to planning our one year anniversary at the end of the month, really Halloween but I'm planning on surprising that Saturday so a day early.

I see her every day in class and at meals, but I miss her. She still gives Fred and I a few joke ideas every now and then, but instead of in person they're usually written hastily on a piece of parchment. Fred said I was just missing having time to snog her all the time, but it's more than that. I miss talking to her and asking her how day went and asking if she was doing alright, and having her do the same without me hinting to her that I wanted her to ask. I miss Kitty and this weekend I'm going to fix that, even if I have to give her one of the fainting fancies to get her to Hogsmeade.